Chapter 33

That vermin. He must have used force to break my chains. Jade murmured in annoyance, briefly looking at Michael's location. That demon kin.....he looks similar to Belial. Tsk. Crimson wings is Belial's distinguishing trait. Then that demon kin contracted with him. Belial is not necessarily strong, but he is a tricky one. He won't be able to fend him off if he were to appear here, now of all times.

How annoying. As much as he wanted to exorcise those two fiends, he must put Julius into safety first. Although it was faint, but he could sense a high ranking demon within their vicinity. If this continue, he could put his friend at risk.

"Your grace!! The hoard of monsters suddenly went berserk. Our knights are dying, we need support!", a knight kneeled near him, his breath shaking as he speak. Tsk.....Jade frowned, his eyes still monitoring Julius. Those low ranking clerics won't be able to sustain the knights.

"I'll help....." Jade reluctantly answered.

"I....I can guard him in your stead", the knight offered his help, bowing in respect. Unlike those rough raiders, this knight is well mannered and polite. "Then I'll leave him in your care. I will retain the protective barrier, no lesser demon can enter it, so please report to me if my friend gains consciousness"

"I promise"

The knight bowed respectfully, placing the unconscious cleric in his arms. "By the way, what is your name?
Jade asked, preparing to leave.

"My name is Mao, your grace"

The knight responded.
______________________________________

Jade hurriedly joined the fray, immediately casting a healing prayer. The knights sighed in relief, finally seeing hope after their battle went awry when the monsters became aggressive. The minotaurs pushes the knights to their limits, some even dying. Even the clerics are having a hard time keeping their pace. Luckily, Julian is a capable commander, maintaining their formation despite the odds.

"Your grace, where is my brother?", Julian approach him. The house head is fairly talented. Jade thought as he observed the younger Achinuss. "I left him with one of your knights" Jade answered. Although I do not know what happened, its better to wait till Julius is awake. It'll be troublesome if this man panics and stop the ritual. Although he isn't fond of deceiving people, he will always side with his friend. Julius must have a reason why he needs to complete the ritual.

"By the way, which knight are you talking about?", Julian asked while fending off a lamia. As an upright head of the holy knights, it is only proper for him to give due honor for safeguarding his brother. "Hmm....He's name is Mao. A ratherly polite knight" the cleric added. He did had a good impression with that person.

Mao?......There is no-

..........

A crumbling sound halted their conversation. "Your grace!!", the knight pushed Jade in alarm, barely escaping  death. The temple's pillar crumbled. Large fragments rain down to the party below. "The floor....its opening!!!", a raider gasp in amazement. The floor split and slowly opened, emitting a blazing heat.

Divine Wall!!!

The clerics chanted in unison, protecting the party from the scorching heat wave. A red flame quickly engulfed everything in its path, turning the monster hoard into dust, before disappearing into thin air. "So that's what he meant", Ruiz mutter in excitement. This kind of thing never happens outside of the tower, so this place is practically a novelty to him.

"Treat the wounded and look for the deceased. Raiders' please explore the new path"

He should be awake by now. The house head can handle this. Jade immediately run back to check on Julius, leaving the exhausted party to rest and prepare.

______________________________________

Thanks for reading.....

Sorry this came really late. My midterms and project kept me busy🤧🤗