6. Farewell

Chapter track
Cold/mess- Prateek Kuhad
______________________________________

December 10, 2011
Saturday

The school is finally over now, only the boards remain and I don't know if I should be happy or sad about it. Happy because... because it's over for good-as simple as that but sad because it means not being able to see her every day.

At least she reconciled with her friend, I don't have to worry about her feeling lonely at school.

But will I be okay? I can't deny that she has now become an important part of my life. The more I get to know her-the more I realize how beautiful she is. Her presence makes me love my mess of a life.

This is scary though. I can't afford to make her my habit. There are way too many depressive stuff in my plate-a heartbreak would be too much to handle.

It wouldn't be fair for her either, I can't possibly expect her to have feelings for someone like me and it wouldn't be worth risking our friendship.

______________________________________

Aahana: Hey!

You: Hey

Aahana: Did you have a good time at the party?

You: Yes, I did and you know that very well, but what about you? And you were looking amazing in that dress.

Aahana: I felt like the farewell party was for me instead. I had a great time. Never knew our teachers could dance so well and you looked good as well in that tuxedo

You: Don't lie. How could you enjoy when you were with me the whole time?

Aahana: Like I don't enjoy being with you

You: I mean, you could have joined your friends.

Aahana: I will have many more opportunities with them in future but it was the last time I'd see you at school, I couldn't miss that or was I bothering you?

You: You know you're my only friend, how can you bother me?

Aahana: Can't believe I won't be able to see you at school anymore. I wish you were a year junior, we'd have one more year at school and we'd pass out together. It's would be so good.

You: It would. But can't help it.

Aahana: I'll miss you

You: Me too but we'll text everyday right?

Aahana: I'll hunt you down and kick you if you won't text me every day.

You: I know

Aahana: Where will you go to college?

You: Considering my schedules with the doctors-I can only manage Sikkim Manipal University.

Aahana: It's not far, which means I can see you sometimes.

You: Yes, for sure

Aahana: And thanks again for helping me with Maths, I hope the results will be better this time

You: It will be good, you're a fast learner

Aahana: I don't know what I'll do next year

You: But you aren't bad in it, you're just a bit careless

Aahana: Yes, because I hate it