•|Thrilling Games|•

Harry Potter, an obstacle to the next step of their victory. At least that is what Albus Dumbledore believe him to be. He is an individual that just does not seem to fit in Albus' little plan. Is he an ally or a foe? Protection or a threat for the greater good? If Albus has to describe Harry, it would be that Harry is a wild chess piece. Where does he fit in? How can he use this individual to his plan's fullest potential? Albus had not been this confused since...

>>>>>¤<<<<<

The Potters are trying to settle from the huge crisis that had happened a few days ago. Henry still has not got his memory back and he has not been quite the same ever since. Everyone secretly thinks that it is for the best, for his narcissistic and pretentious attitude is long gone.

James and Lily decided to take a break from the Order and the Wizarding World's prying eyes. They realised that their family does not have the healthiest relationship. From excluding Harry, and letting Henry getting away with almost anything. No, they used to think that by letting Henry get whatever his heart desires, they are being good parents. On the contrary, it is ruining their child's development. Harry on the other hand... They simply do not know why they did that to him. Was it fame? Probably the influence of the people close to them. Maybe the pressure for being secretly sure that Harry will not reach up to Henry's standards as the brother to the Boy Who Lived.

The new year started rocky for this family. Everything went downhill since Harry's trial. Because of all the chaotic energy surrounding them, the twins are excused from school until next month. James, well, Albus just wanted him to teach at Hogwarts for no obvious reason, so he had resigned. Lily is confused about how things had got this disastrous.

"Maybe the concoction can help."

Now she does not even know if she can trust Albus! Her uncertainty about the potion started when she forgot to take it. When Henry had gone missing, she was anxious, and taking her potions is not on top of her priority. The suspicious thing is that, once she had stopped taking it, her illness, which was supposed to cause her to feel light-headed and dizzy all the time... disappeared.

Harry had warned her about it before, but her scepticism about Harry that had been planted into her makes her wary about him. Her heart shattered when she thought of it. How could she be wary and afraid of her own son, when clearly he had never done anything wrong. She and James had made Harry out to be some monster in their mind.

>>>>>¤<<<<<

"Harry!" Henry greeted his brother.

"Good afternoon Henry," Harry spoke with uncertainty.

"I've asked dad if we could play Quidditch today," Henry exclaimed, "He said yes, isn't that exciting?"

"Uh, yes, looking forward to it," Harry cringed, not used to his brother's friendly approach.

Harry did not mean to Obliviate his brother to this extend, he only meant to erase the memory of that day. Well, he is not one to complain about an unexpected error, especially when his brother changed for the better. But still, he constantly wonders if the effects of the spell might come undone, making him paranoid every time his brother calls him.

He liked Lily's idea of having a break from the world and reconnecting as a family. This way he can reconcile with his family and the Order. This will surely infuriate Voldemort, but whatever. Harry had never made any unbreakable promises to the now-not-noseless guy. Maybe he should tell Voldy to not kill Dumbledore just yet. It will be boring to have that old lemon loving man die just from a simple Avada Kedavra. Why not play first, is that not what makes it oh so fascinating?

Harry had always thought that the most amusing thing is to oppose anything his parents expects him to do. He is getting bored with the game of defying-the-parents and wanted a more exhilarating game. Something riskier and dangerous, but something that will also benefit him immensely.

A finger poked onto his shoulder and brought him out of his thoughts. Slightly annoyed he glared at the owner of the finger. Oh. James. Delightful!

"Henry, Harry," James smiled, a little too cheerful for Harry's taste, "Let's eat lunch, the house elves made treacle tarts for dessert Harry! Sirius said it's your favourite!"

Ok, that is obviously something Harry cannot pass up on. Just what has happened to the Potters when he is in Azkaban? Why are they being so friendly? Are they trying to earn his trust? Or did a miracle happen and they had finally freed themselves from Albus' controls? Harry wished that it was the latter.

Lunch was better than Harry had anticipated. It was not as awkward as what his past conversations with his parents had been like. If he is being blatantly honest, he quite enjoyed it. Was it because of the treacle tarts? Maybe. He always had a soft spot for them. If someone bribed him for information regarding the Order or the Death Eaters with treacle tart, he might give in.

>>>>>¤<<<<<

Days passed and suddenly it was the last week of January. Harry cannot wait to go back to Hogwarts. Surprisingly, he rather enjoyed his family's company now. He later found out that Lily has stopped taking the weird potions and James, he had not consumed a lemon drop for a month! Harry is smug about being right. Dumbles had spiked them drops. To say the least, maybe there is a chance of them being a happy, normal family.

>>>>>¤<<<<<

Ouch. Harry's luck with the floo has always been bad. James cast a healing charm on Harry's bruised head and Harry smiled gratefully. They arrived at the headmaster's office. The floo network is enabled that day as there will be an Order meeting at the headmaster's office, again. But thankfully both of them are allowed to miss the meeting to settle down.

Harry skipped to the Slytherin common room. He was that happy to finally be back. He stood in front of the entrance and realised... he did not ask for the password. He swears that he can be the dumbest person alive sometimes. Well, waiting for a random Slytherin to pass by it is.