lV : cold beaches in california

I regretted that picture so much. Sebastian even asked me why it looked like I was having an anxiety attack. It was finally about nine at night when I gave all of the boys’ hugs and took Griffin and dropped him off at home and then headed back to my house.

As soon as I got home, I tried to go upstairs as fast as I could, trying to avoid either my mother or my stepfather, but luck wasn’t on my side.

My stepfather Larry, had a bottle of vodka in one and the other had a death grip on the glock he always carried with him. His eyes were glassy and stared right through me, his police uniform wrinkled and stained.

“Where have you been Anna?” he asks me, his word barley coherent.

“I was with Sebastian, Griffin and Jordan.”

“Being a little slut I presume?” he snarls at me.

I try to ignore his words, and head upstairs without anything else happening, but it was obvious that my mother was not home for him to beat up, so I was his next choice.

“Where’s your sister?” he asks, always clueless when he’s wasted. “Was she with those boys too?”

“Savannahs dead Larry! All because when she got sick, you wouldn’t take her to the doctor! She’s been dead for a year!” I scream at him, and he slides his gun into his holster, setting down his bottle on the side table we have in the entry hallway.

“Don’t yell at me.” He growls, “And stop lying you little bitch and just tell me where Savannah really is, you’ve been lying for too long. Lying deserves punishment.”

Before he even lets me respond, his hand whips across my face, and I know that tomorrow, I’ll be putting on make-up to cover the traces of the bruise he left.

I try to run away from him, but he grabs my arm and brings his other fist straight to my stomach.

The initial pain made me want to puke, and all of my breath was gone, and I couldn’t bring myself to try and suck in breaths.

“The next time you lie to me about where your sister is, I may have to threaten you with this.” He unclips his holster and rubs the butt of his gun. With a lot of force, he throws me away from his, releasing my arm, saying, “Get out of my sight.” Before turning away from me, grabbing his vodka, and walking to the TV room.

I run up the stairs and into my room, locking the door before I burst out crying.

I hate my life. I hate it so much.

Between my mother never being there for me, my sister being gone, Larry becoming abusive, McKenzie’s and I’s friendship meltdown, my life has become hell.

Luke was a little piece of heaven within my reach. And I messed that up.

My phone buzzed in my pocket but I didn’t even want to look at it. I just wanted to be left alone.