XXXll : nowhere

Luke's Point of View Again :))

Luke POV

I didn’t know how to answer Anna’s message.

I typed and retyped but nothing ever came.

All I could think about was how I was going to fix things.

Then I thought of something.

And I called Mitchell.

“We need to talk.” I tell him.

“You missed your payment last semester Luke, what are you going to do to make it up?”

“Nothing!” I spit. “I’m done with this sick game that we’ve been playing. I want out.”

“Now, now Luke, you know damn well that’s not how it happens.”

“I want out, and if you’re not going to let me out, I’m going to the police!”

“If you go to the police, everyone will know what you did Luke, you’ll ruin your career!”

“I don’t care if I ruin my career anymore! I care about the girls that I ruined! I care about the girl I love! I want to be able to have that sort of relationship without this fucking deal in the way!”

“How about we meet somewhere neutral, and we talk this over. Like men. What do you say?”

“You just tell me when and where and how ever much you want for us to get out of this deal.” I tell him.

I’m done with this deal. So fucking done.

Mitchell laughs over the phone.

“One Million.”

“In Cash?”

“In cash. That’s your ticket out. Nobody will know anything about the deal.”

“Okay.”

“I’ll text you the address, come alone, and don’t tell the other boys.”

I hang up, bile rising in my throat, my hands trembling.

It isn’t just cash that he wants.

I know that there is something more to it.

Mitchell: 244 Private Drive off of Highway 77 at 7 pm