XXX : the price

This Chapter will be in Luke's Point of View

Luke POV:

"Ashton!" I yell at him to stop lecturing me, “Shut up man, I don’t understand why you think that I don’t understand how much I screwed up. I fucking get it.”

“Dude, Luke, you need to chill. Ever since that day you have done nothing but yell at me, the other boys and yourself. Can’t you just calm down for a moment?” Ashton says, running his hand through his hair.

No.

I can’t just, ‘Calm down.’

That’s not how it works. That’s never how it worked. And especially not now.

“I understand fully how much I screwed up Ashton. And I’m paying for it right now! It’s been a week since I last talked to Anna, and I cannot think of anything else. It’s driving me insane. She deleted her number from my phone. I have no way to talk to her. I have no way to tell her how sorry I am, no way to explain to her what changed when I met her. How to make her believe that I really did love her, because right now, she thinks it’s all a lie!”

He doesn’t talk.

I wouldn’t either if I were him.

But right now, in all honesty, I wish I was him.

Because she liked him first and I’m willing to bet that he’s talked to her since we left.

I don’t blame him.

But I just really wish that was me.

Being the person that Anna thought I was.

But I’m not. I never was.

She was right, most of it was a lie.

But it was a beautiful lie, with love, kisses and laughs intertwined within the perfect beautiful lie.

She was so beautiful. She thought she wasn’t. I made her believe that she was. That in itself was beautiful.

I wonder what would have happened if I had just left her life, and left her alone, never telling her about the deal. I wonder about it often.

I wonder if maybe one day, when I can get away from the deal, if I ever have a chance at Anna again, or if I had ruined it for good.

I probably have.

I ruin everything nowadays.

Her words stick in my mind deeply. The words that cut my heart open and left it to bleed when she left me.