Missing You

NEW LIFE FAR AWAY

All those crazy things we did
Didn't think about it, just went with it
You're always there, you're everywhere
But right now I wish you were here
~ Avril Lavigne – Wish You Were Here ~

All the people most important to him were here with him, waiting for the flight to the UK to leave and take him away from them for two years. Waan, View, his mother... His father was not there because he had an important meeting that he had not been able to postpone to another time. And Team, the man he loved, his boyfriend.

Win's family surrounded him and especially his mother was clinging to him crying, hugging him tightly. And Team stayed in the background even though he wanted the man's arms around him, wanted the man to whisper goodbyes to his ear. The younger man was not accustomed to showing his feelings in public, especially in the presence of his family and even if he would have wanted to, it was not possible because of his mother.

"Mom! Really! Let me breath." His mom's vice-like grip around him almost prevented him from breathing.

He casted a begging gaze towards his older brother asking silently to help, but Waan only grinned and shrugged. The blond man rolled his eyes, who ever said that you were fortunate to have brothers in your life, if those damn brothers didn't even help you when you needed them.

"Mom! I'm away from home for only two years not eternity. And you can always make video calls to me when you want to see my handsome face." He tried to get his mother in a better mood by joking.

The announcement of Win's flight echoed through the airport speakers and it was time to go to the security check.

He detached himself from his mother's grip and took a few steps that separated him from Team. His boyfriend had quietly let his family say their goodbyes waiting for his turn and now time was running out and Win hadn't had time to time to say any of those important words he had thought he would say to Team before he needed to leave.

For a moment they were lost in each other's eyes.

"I love you." It felt like something was stuck in his throat and he had troubles of getting the words out.

"I love you too..." Team closed his eyes and drew a few shaky breaths.

"Hia... I'm going to miss you... so much..."

Win hugged him tightly... quickly... and turned towards the security check area, where Team nor his family couldn't follow him.

Flight to England took almost 20 hours and he spent most of it by sleeping because the previous night. The night which was mostly spent by memorizing all the curves of the younger man's body and how he responded to his touches, what his sighs sounded like and how his body moved against his. Memorizing all of those little details so that he wouldn't forget those during the two year separation.

While catching a breath and resting they had talked about important and not so important stuff. Maybe they got to sleep for an hour or two, neither of them looked at the time until the phone alert indicated that it was time to get prepared for the day Win would leave.

The weekend went by with getting settled into his new apartment and on Monday morning he attended to the first lecture at the university.

The time passed very fast. His days were spent in lectures, during the evenings he explored the city and made short video calls to Team. It felt like there never were enough time to have long conversations. When Win had a chance to call to the younger man, it was already very late in Thailand and usually Team had just come home from swimming practice and was dead tired.