My Whole World Falls Apart (Erased Memories part 4)

MY WHOLE WORLD FALLS APART

"I can't allow myself to go that far
To where my whole world falls apart
I need to save my soul, it's the only thing I've got
But I don't know where to start
Can you see the darkness in me?"
~ Fight The Fade - Darkness In Me ~

"Thank you."

Korn had only nodded and looked at Team with a pity in his eyes. In had hugged him tightly for several minutes before releasing him. Then he returned to stand by his mate, lacing their fingers together. The older vampire pulled him tighter against himself.

"I liked him..." In whispered brokenly.

"I know..."

They both left him alone in a room with unconscious Win. It was as they knew that he needed a moment to mourn the situation in solitude. Another crimson tear slid down his cheek. Furiously he wiped it off and was left staring at the blood stain on his hand. When the vampire cried, it came straight from his heart, which was no longer beating. Only the greatest pain they could feel made them cry. Except the tears of their kinds were not actually tears but drops of blood. He mustered all the remaining strength he had and bit back tears of grief. There was a reason for all this and he had to remember it.

Gently he scooped his soul mate into his arms and carried him to the entrance of Korn's and In's living quarters. From there, he teleported them back to the Win's dorm room with a spell. There he lowered Win as tenderly as possible into his bed, which was covered with a familiar looking dark brown bedding. There was still time to the morning and the blond man would not wake up from unconscious before sunrise. Wanting to enjoy the last moments with the man, he settled down next to Win. He leaned closer until his lips brushed the man's forehead with the softest touch.

"I hope you can forgive me even if you don't remember anything." He whispered before pressing another gentle kiss on the man's cheek.

"You are my soul mate. I do this to save you from this life I am forced to live. I hope that during this life you will find happiness and you will enjoy your life fullest. When we meet again in your next life I hope to be as strong as I am now and I can let you go once again."

Wiping the hair off the man's face wanting to see him better, staring at him with remorse filled eyes. He traced the lines of Win's face with tender fingertips, wanting to memorize the man's appearance to his mind for eternity. In the next life, Win would look different, so this moment was significant. Memories of their night together flooded his mind. It had been perfect, filled with passion and pleasure. The man had been his first, so it had meant so much more, and he would never forget him. He snuggled closer to the man and buried his face in the curve of his neck. Grateful for the last moment together, he leaned in to nuzzle Win's ear, enjoying his scent. His blond hair smelled mixture of chlorine water and sun and his skin smelled so good that he almost moaned aloud. Remembering the taste of the man's blood got his fangs ached. The veins in the man's neck sang to him like no other sound on earth. That sweet nectar had filled him like nothing else before and he yearned to taste it one last time. But he could not, he would not. He hugged the man a little bit tighter. It was as if Win unknowingly knew he was in his embrace as the man pressed closer to him and wrapped his arms around him. And Team savored the rare moment.

How would it feel to spend this endless life with a soul mate? Would it be the same kind of worship and love for each other as he had seen between Korn and In? It was something he would never know.

The long hours of the night went far too fast. It was time to let go, he knew it. Steeling his heart to bear the inevitable he closed his eyes and pressed his lips to the man's forehead. Inhaling the man's familiar scent for the last time, he detached from the embrace. He had to disappear. He stood looking down on Win for some minutes before he stirred, and his heart ached terribly. At dawn, he finally left Win asleep and quietly pressed the apartment's door closed behind him.