Chapter 12: Help

Me and Harry made our way out into the halls. We were slowly tiptoeing through the empty and eerie hallway, when a chill ran down my spine. Yup. It was that feeling. Something bad is about to happen. And soon.

I shook my head and followed Harry who was a few steps ahead of me, walking slowly so his sneakers wouldn't make any sound.

A moment later, soft gentle music filled my ears. I looked at Harry warily and he nodded. We both walked towards the direction of the music. We could see an old mahogany door coated in dust in the far corner of the hallway. We slowly made our way towards it to see that the door was slightly open. The lights weren't on, but the music continued to flow through. I softly touched the door to move it, and the hinges creaked very loudly, making both me and Harry cringe. In due time, both of got in an I closed the door to make sure that no one else would find us.

Suddenly, the floor behind us collapsed and we fell down. The wind was knocked right through me and I gasped as my back hit the floor. It was still dark so I couldn't see anything. I moved my hands around, trying to look for Harry. Then my hand hit something furry, followed by an 'ouch!'. I recognized Harry's voice.

"Sorry!" I apologized.

"Rou?" Harry asked. "That you?"

"Yeah." I replied, getting up.

The room was pitch black till Harry flipped on the light switch, which flickered for a bit before steadying. There was a small white bed at the left end of the yellow painted square room with a blue duvet covering it. Though it was wrinkled and looked dirty as if it hadn't been washed in years.

"Whoa, what is this place?" Harry asked.

I lightly dusted the duvet before having a bunch of dust blown in my face and going into a coughing fit. I sighed in defeat, before I started hearing the music once again. Harry jumped when it sounded through, as it was coming from the door right behind him. He looked at me warily before pushing the door knob open and the soft beat got louder. I looked over Harry's shoulder and saw a small TV that was sitting in the ledge of what looked like a storage closet.

The tiny screen had a small boy, about five years old, with blue and white stripped shirt and sparkling blue eyes. His denim shorts showed off his tiny legs running barefoot through the grass. I couldn't recognize the scenery, but I did recognize the boy.

It was Dezmin. No doubt about it. He looked like he was dancing, when another, older, navy blue eyed looking boy popped up into the picture. He wrapped his arms around Dezmin's neck as he started laughing. Dezmin laughed too, that gentle, mesmerising sound almost lulling me to sleep.

The song stopped as the video hazed the picture. It was starting to disappear, but the last thing I heard was Dezmin saying to the older boy, "Hunter!"

I backed away slowly. It felt like reality had just slapped me in the face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Harry asked me, his worry written all over his face.

I shook my head and swallowed. "That was... Hunter and Dezmin,"

Harry furrowed his brows. "Who's Hunter?"

"Dezmin's brother," I replied, remembering that he hadn't met Hunter before.

"Oh. Okay. So why are you so surprised?" he asked.

"The last time I saw them together, they were at each others throats. Literally."

Harry looked at me with sympathetic eyes. "Oh. Well, people change a lot in just a short period of time."

I looked at my best friend and gave him a solemn look. "Why is it that every time I ask you a deep question, you always seem to be referring to someone else when you answer?"