Chapter 2: Findings

Oh lord, Dezmin...!!

He was all l could think about. That boy who was always so strong and energetic, looked so fragile and weak.

l stopped myself there. l held up my hands and formed them into a fist. What the hell am l thinking?! l don't even know the guy, so why am l so worried for him? What is it pulling me to him? Oh shit! l sound like a freakin' girl! l turned and got my attention back to class. Although, that's completely useless because Mr. Rocelle dismissed us. l was so lost.

Why the hell is Dezmin showing up in my mind every damn second?!

l was sitting at my desk in study hall, massaging my temples with a frown on my face.

l sighed. My moods are becoming so depressing. And being in this gray classroom ain't helping. l sighed again and put my head on my desk.

"Hi!" someone behind me said. l burst out grinning like crazy when recognizing who the voice belonged to.

"H-hi, Dayna." l said. She smiled her cute and adorable smile. Dayna's the girl l've had a crush on since 6th grade. l practically fell for her on the first day of school in grade 6 when l dropped my books and she helped me get them to the teacher on time. She sat down in front of me as her brown hair brushed across my desk.

"What's wrong? You look glum today." she asked with a worried look on her face.

"Huh?" l said, figeting around a lot. "No, its nothing." l smiled, not wanting her to worry. Just then Jason came and pecked a kiss on his girlfriend.

Yes, girlfriend. Dayna and Jason became a couple about five months ago. Of course, neither of them knew about my crush. Sigh, as long as they're happy, l'm good.

Ugh, my head started spinning. l got up to leave.

"Where are you going, Rou?" Jason asked, looking to me confused.

"Nurse's office. Too much thinking's affecting my head." I replied.

"Heh, you were never fond of thinking, were you?" Harry came in through the door.

"Yeah, yeah, later." l barged out and entered the first room in the next corridor. l opened the door to see the nurse's assistant. She had long black hair and blue eyes. Just like Dezmin. Weird. l think her name was Leah. She was a college student working here. She smiled as she saw me.

"Something wrong?" she asked.

"Headache." l replied pointing to one of the beds. "Can l take a nap?"

"Go ahead. Don't stay too long though."

"Thanks."

l climbed into bed and pulled the curtains so that other people couldn't see me. Only a few minutes had passed by as l slept, and the bell rang and l could hear all the students rush outside for the weekend. That's when the door slammed open.

"Liam!" l heard Leah say. "Don't slam the doors! There are people sleeping here!"

"Oh." l heard another voice. "Sorry." l recognized that voice. lt was Dezmin's best friend Liam. He had soft, chestnut coloured brown hair and he was that guy that hates everyone. Wait, did he just say sorry? The dude who yells at teachers and smokes on school property even though its banned, just said sorry to a lady who only like 5 years older than him. Wow, l don't know the people of this school at all. The voices on the other side were muffled so l couldn't hear, and for some reason, l felt the need to eavesdrop. l propped myself up on the bed and leaned against the cabinet next to the bed. lt was an awkward position and I could fall at any second, but l wanted to know what they were talking about.