Chapter 7: Things To Be Left Behind

"They've found us."

Although, I know he was trying to keep strong, Dezmin's voice was shaky and full of fear. He wrapped his hand around me and helped me up. He then turned to Liam. "Liam, take Hunter and run away from here, as fast as you can!" his voice was urgent, so Liam didn't need convincing. Right then, a arrow came from the direction of Liam's backyard, and pierced through the window, shattering it. Dezmin shielded me from the oncoming glass and hissed to Liam, "Go!" Liam didn't think twice and grabbed a long coil of rope and grabbed Hunter body, making him yelp at the sudden movement, and went out the door.

Another shot rifled through the window, but this time, Dezmin didn't know where it came from. Although, somehow, I did. Pushing him back, the glass shards hit, and I felt something coming up behind me. I turned around amd outstretched one of my legs. As I thought, there was someone behind me. They tripped over my leg, and landed crashing through the wall. When I opened my eyes, my mouth went agape when I saw who the person was. That boy had black and blond streaked hair and turquoise coloured eyes. His bronze skin shone as the sunlight hit him through the shattered window. I'd know this boy anywhere.

"Toby!" I yelled. "What are you doing?!"

Toby didn't even respond. He just lunged at me, grabbed my neck, and pinned me to the ground. I winced at his strength, and found myself looking into his eyes when I noticed something. His eyes weren't sparkling like they were before. Instead they were dull and tinted with grey. I saw another shadow in front of me, and I saw Toby being pulled back and letting go of my neck. When I looked, Dezmin had him under his grasp and Toby wasn't so much as muttering a word. Just seething and snarling, trying to rip out of Dezmin's hold.

I think it was around that time that Dezmin finally had enough. "I've had it." he said, his voice making my skin erupt into shivers. "Toby!" he looked straight into Toby's eyes, and gave him a slap across his cheek. "Get a hold of yourself. We aren't your enemy and you yourself of all people know that!"

Toby stopped struggling, and his hands fell limp. After a few seconds of no noise, Dezmin got off of him and I walked up and knelt to face him. "Is he okay?" I asked, motioning to Toby's now sleeping form.

Dezmin nodded. "Yeah. The pack must've done something to turn him against us."

"I think we should get moving, and out of here." I told him.

"Why?" he questioned.

"I still have that weird feeling like somebody is watching us."

"You mean there are others besides Toby?"

I nodded. "I don't think that they're anywhere near here, but I know that they know where we are."

Dezmin looked suspiciously at me. Then his mouth curved into a small smile. "You can detect danger even better than I can."

I raised my brow at him. "What do you mean?" I asked him.

"You seem to have something quite close to the sixth sense." he explained. "The thing is though, that yours seems to be even better than werewolves'." He then hauled Toby up on his shoulder and told me to get up. "Anyway, you're right. We should get moving. We're not safe here." his aqua eyes flickered over to me. "What're you gonna do?" he asked. "About your family."

I blinked and looked down. That's right. I had completely forgotten. I shook my head and got up. "I'll figure something out." he nodded and went into Liam's kitchen, obviously to get some supplies.

I sighed to myself and walked out on the patio. When I knew he couldn't hear me, I pulled out my phone and dialled my mom's cell number. She picked up on the second ring.