Chapter 20 - The Ritual

The preparation for the ritual is the ritual - Kate Green

Harry looked at his mother, so obviously broken. She looked old for her age and there were worry lines all over her face. It pained him even though he didn't even know this woman. He stood up and slowly made his way to her. She had fallen to the floor by now and was crying loudly. Harry stood in front of her and reached his hand out to touch her shoulder. Somehow he knew what was going to happen before it even happened. He touched her and got his first vision. Images flashed before his eyes, him as a baby playing with Sirius while James and Lily laughed. His mother carried him around the lawn. That fateful halloween night. His mother cries everyday. His mother sneaking out to check on him at the Dursleys. James and Lily getting into fights over what to do. Lily having her second child but feeling guilty about it and refusing to take care of the child. Years and years of agony. He saw how his mother reacted to the news of him being mistreated. Finally the visions stopped and Harry was also crying by this time. She pulled Harry into a hug which he went into willingly and all dams broke. Everyone had tears watching the mother-son reunion they had hoped to witness for years now.

Harry felt movement beside him and saw James coming to join the hug. He quickly said 'No'. Confusion and hurt passed through James' eyes. Harry rushed to explain. 'No, because as soon as I touched... mum I got a vision of her past. I am sure every person I touch from now on is going to give me a vision. And I'm just not ready to know yours yet. Please, I need time to adjust.'

James nodded though his pain was evident on his face. Harry released himself from his mother's grip looking a bit embarrassed. Harry looked to Remus as if to ask what's next. Remus looked at James and nodded. 'Harry, there's more you need to know. Please come and sit with everyone. Helena please go play with James. Ask Oswald to take you up. James is Hermione's brother Harry' he added. Harry nodded.

Once Helena left the cottage, Remus continued 'Harry, I'll start with the important things you need to know. First of all, Hermione is the Queen of England and sovereign of all magical nations across the world. She was crowned the day you all started at Hogwarts. She found out about you and told us soon after that. Second, Voldermort as you know him is still alive. His name is Tom Marvolo Riddle. He is at the Palace that you saw on the way in. Like I told you, your mother had a vision when she touched Voldemort's body. The things that man has gone through will make anyone shudder. Your mother was determined to help him as she knew he was still out there. But it was Hermione who actually found him again. She found him when she was in a terrible situation and she at the time didn't know what the thing that just saved her was. However she brought him back with him to the castle and we have been trying to help him since.

"Harry, Tom is a halfblood wizard. He is a direct descendant of Slytherin on his mother's side. His father was a muggle that his mother bewitched and got married to. However he abandoned his mother when the enchantment wore off. And his mother died giving birth to him. He grew up an orphan, in a challenging environment. He learnt to fend for his own safety and survival. He realized that he was different and tried to control his powers which is rare for anyone that age. Soon after he turned eleven, he was visited by Dumbledore who explained about Hogwarts and his acceptance to the same. Tom however made the mistake of trying to impress Dumbledore and revealed his parseltongue abilities. He didn't realize that one mistake would cost him most of his life.

"The truth that is out there is that Dumbledore defeated Grindelwald and saved everyone. What most people don't know is that Dumbledore and Grindelwald were close friends when they were younger and planned their rise to power together. They had a falling out when Dumbledore couldn't stick to the timeline and Grindelwald proceeded without him on the plan. Dumbledore did not duel with Grindelwald to save everyone. He did it for revenge. With Grindelwald safely locked away and Dumbledore at the height of his fame was free to do whatever he wanted. That is when he met Tom. Learning about Tom's abilities and sensing the power he had, he started to plot once more. But this time, he would stay in the light and let Tom take all the credit.