Chapter 4 - The Oath

A single twig breaks, but the bundle of twigs is strong.
- Tecumseh

"Well! That's that then. Let's get down to business, shall we? "
After another roar of cheers had died down, in the midst of which the Queen had made her way onto a throne set upon the arena stands. On her sides were those representatives of different nations who put all this in motion.

With a wave of Hermione's rose patterned wand, a glass table and a chair appeared on the dias she was standing complete with several folders of paper and a mechanical pen that looked like it was made of glass.

"I do love glass, don't I?", she said with a apologetic smile to everyone, which earned chuckles throughout.

With another wave of her wand, glass rods with a screen on top appeared in front of everyone on the arena. Each screen had a red rose on the exact center. It was time for the oath.

The American wizard stood up and said in a clear tone, "Touch your wands to the rose, and repeat after me. This day, I swear upon my life and magic, my loyalty and service to her Royal Highness Queen Hermione. I swear that she's the rightful ruler in my eyes and my heart. I swear to never betray her or any who truly serves her. I swear to protect her secrets with my life. I swear to serve faithfully any successor she may chose, provided they're of royal and magical descent. So I swear, So mote it be."

As they all finished as one, red light flowed from the rose and traveled through them. They all felt the tingling sensation of magic and the oath settling into them.

But some of them were still touching the rose with their wands. These were the royals from the other nations. They made their second part of the vows " I swear to rule my country and the people in it in a just way. I swear my loyalty to the royal line of Queen Hermione. I swear that neither my descendants, nor I will ever wage war against Queen Hermione or any of her allies. So I swear, so mote it be". Another burst of light traveled from the rose and through the oath takers.

As they all finally sat down, Queen Hermione stood up from her chair, raised her wand high and said in a powerful voice, "Your oaths have moved me. In return I swear this to you. I Hermione Black-Winsdor swear upon my life and magic to bring peace to the world. I swear to rule all this realm in a just and loyal way. I swear to do my best to protect everyone who have pledged themselves to me. So I swear, so mote it be". A pure silver light burst from her wand and touched all those present in the arena.

With this, she sat down and opened the first folder placed in front of her on the table. Looking up, she called the royals on to the center of the Arena, there were 195 of them, some of them still students like her and some of them a little older.

She addressed them in an even tone, "Today you are given the power to rule your own countries, however I would still like to know of any and all developments that take place simply to plan my moves here. Place your oaths in your hearts and in your minds. Today we start taking over the world, the world that was taken from us. Remember who our true enemies are, not dark lords or criminals. No. Our enemies are those who have made our world corrupt. Our enemies are those who created the dark lords and criminals. Bear this in mind.

"Start practicing what we've learnt. Some of your nations still remember the ancient magic. But most of us including Britain don't. But we have learnt it. We have put our time and effort into researching the kind of magic that lasts through time. The kind of magic that built Hogwarts for instance. And we know that everyone are capable of such magic. So we've learnt and learnt and we've trained and trained. Now is the time to put it to use. But also remember we have science on our side. Never fear the loss of your wand, for you can do wandless magic. Never fear anything cause we all have a brain that actually works unlike some.