Chapter 1

Hello Everyone!! Welcome to my first fan fiction. Please keep that in mind while viewing my work. All constructive criticism is appreciated, I am always looking to improve my writing.

WARNING: This work is dark. With topics such as rape, non-consensual sex, and self harm mentioned throughout the story. There are also character deaths, psychological trauma, deceptions of violence etc.

This is not a Draco Malfoy redemption arc story, in fact its quite the opposite. Reader discretion is advised.

 Authors note: Clearly the characters in this story are not mine, they were created within the Harry Potter Universe written by Jk Rowling, who I happen not to be. 

Additionally the inspiration for the title 'The Dominus of Darkness' came to me while researching Latin names. As Draco is referenced to Dragon in Latin, The Dominus is referenced towards Master or Lord. Conclusively he is known as the Master of Darkness, or more commonly referred to as The Dominus.

The story diverges from canon, nine months after the battle of Hogwarts where both Voldemort and Harry are found to be dead.

...

Dead souls, lost without a vessel, their ashes left behind from flames of fury and vengeance. Yet her soul would not join the requiem of others, would not be a part of the monstrosity that was war. No, she would lurk under the surface of the waters, make friends with the shadows and drown herself for their survival, she would not fail again, the darkness would hold her in its arms and comfort her broken heart. She would survive, her soul would not be lost, her soul would not be dead, at the very least not yet.

...

"Harry, when does war end?"

He squeezed her hand slightly. "I don't know."

...

Sweat spread across her temple as she ran towards the apparition point. The magic surrounding the area didn't permit her or Ron to apparate to the burrow fast enough without getting splinched. Blood trickled down her chin from the impact of jumping and ducking through trees as she had cut her lip, inviting the warm metallic taste to fill her mouth.

It had been exactly nine months since she watched Harry fall to the ground, his eyes devoid of life. Her mind recreated the images of his dead body splayed out in the middle of Hogwarts courtyard daily. That moment, his downfall, was supposed to be a defining one, one which would change the course of the war, with Voldemort lying dead next to him, and yet the war didn't stop. It grew worse, more futile and destructive. The Death eater's army had banded together and strengthened their alliances. Their initial fear of Voldemort gone, redirected by a new leader to take his place, provoking a power struggle within the ranks. Once the dust had settled their unyielding aggression and rivalry projected onto the entire wizarding world. Destroying all those who had contaminated the Wizarding bloodlines in hopes of ruling over the muggle world. Places for mudbloods and blood traitors were eradicated and the people there were left for dead.

Panting, Hermione felt her lungs about to give out. She cast a curse behind her which a snatcher took square in the face, causing his eyes to bleed acid. She was almost there, so close. Her jeans chafed around her legs while her curls flew wildly behind her. It was dark, the sky and thunder roaring in agony as she and Ron reached the apparition point. She took his hand immediately and apparated them away.

There were so many of them present, she was unprepared. The others who had joined them prior were lost during the feud. There were only supposed to be a small group of snatchers in the forest, which the Order had requested they capture, and bring them back for questioning. But the mission was unsuccessful and revealed itself to be a trick to lure the members of the Order out.