Chapter 6

August 6th, 1998

"Hallucinations are sensory experiences created in your mind that appear real, they can affect all five of your senses or focus on a single one."

Scratching the surface of her paper with an enchanted quill, Hermione continued to scribble down every word spoken.

Different types are starting with

Visual hallucinations Auditory hallucinations Tactile hallucinations Gustatory hallucinations Olfactory hallucinations

"Now these five are targ-"

"Sorry to interrupt Madame Pomfrey, but I had already read up on these and don't see why, with the short amount of time we have and all, why you're focusing on mental illnesses instead of physical ones. People come home every day at the brink of death, I don't think they care enough whether they are hallucinating or not if their arm has bloody fallen off."

"Language, Mrs. Granger!"

She frowned, brows furrowing as she realized she's snapping at her healing professor

"I apologize, I am just anxious; I don't want to be in a situation that I can't fix. I don't want anything happening to Ron or anyone else for that matter."

Madame Pomfrey's stern demeanor softened, as she spoke again, this time heading towards Hermione and placing her hand onto her worrisome forehead.

"My dear, don't frown, you worry yourself too much about others. I'm not teaching you this simply for the sake of teaching you. This knowledge is for you. I see the toll the war has taken on you already, and I worry....have- "

Hermione immediately stepped back, avoiding the hurt look on Madame's face as her hand slowly moved down to her side.

"I'm fine, you shouldn't focus on me. My mental health is perfectly intact," she said quickly as she gathered her notes, stuffing them into her beaded bag, ready to leave. If she had to, she would teach herself everything before it's too late.

Before Ron gets hurt.

"Well if you want to leave, I won't stop you, but, you mustn't ignore your pain, acknowledge-"

"I won't"

" Mrs. Granger!! Stop interrupting me."

"Sorry," she said quietly, a hidden rage in her tone.

"As I was saying, acknowledge that you have trauma, and talk to someone. It does not have to be me, but perhaps Ron? Have you told him about the voices?"

She stumbled back like someone punched her and knocked the air out of her lungs. "H-how d-d-did you k-know??"

"We as healers focus on the smallest details, it was just a hunch that you would develop voices in your head, as you seem to refuse to speak with anyone else. Now based on your reaction my suspicions are confirmed." Her words bit through Hermione like a bludger to her face. She didn't speak. Instead, she stopped. Stopped breathing completely.

Madame Pomfrey rushed to her side holding her up and pouring an unknown potion down her throat.

After a few coughs, her breath came back, clearing her throat so she could inhale properly.

1234

Exhale

1234

Inhale