68

Natalia's POV

"Justin is leaving." Brian says after what feels like minutes of silence. He clearly doesn't know what to say after the bomb I just dropped on him.

"Aren't we all." I mutter as I gather the last of my things from the office.

"You could always go with him?" He suggests.

"You're kidding, right?" I laugh.

"Not really." He says. "He apologized. You forgave him. Hell, he may be able to get you a pretty good gig." He shrugs.

"Doubtful." I reply.

"What the hell am I going to do without you?" He groans. "You're the only one I like in this office. Plus, you're the only one that I wanted to handle this app with."

"Just have Tristan help you. He knows the layout." I tell him.

"Yeah, but still." He sighs.

"Mind if I interrupt?" I hear from the door.

"I'll leave you guys to it." Brian says, giving Grayson a small nod. "Nice seeing you." He adds.

"You too." Grayson replies, watching me cautiously.

When Brian leave the room, I return Grayson's cautious look.

"What?" I ask.

"Do you need me to write you a letter of recommendation?" He asks.

"What?" I say. "No, of course not." 

"Why?" He asks.

"Because. It's inappropriate." I reply.

"But you don't have a job." He adds.

"I'm very aware of that, Grayson." I say with annoyance.

"I just don't want you to worry about anything. Plus, you'll be practically guaranteed a job with my recommendation." 

"I don't want a job because my boyfriend got me one. I want a job because I deserve it." 

"But you do deserve it." He says.

"That doesn't mean that everyone else will think that, though." 

"I'm just trying to help. I don't even want you to leave, Nat. Let me just have a talk with Shane. I'll-"

"No, Grayson. I know you're trying to help, but don't. I got myself into this mess. I'll get myself out of it." 

"You can easily get yourself out of it if you just have a talk with Shane." He replies.

"Or you can just let me handle this on my own. My last talk with Shane wasn't exactly the most pleasant." I mutter.

"Yeah, but-"

"I might go and work with Justin." I say out of no where. I have no idea what the hell I think I'm doing, but these words leave my mouth before I truly think about them.

"What? Justin?" He asks, completely taken aback. "Where?"

"Yeah." I mutter. "I guess he got a job somewhere else. Maybe he'll get me a pretty good gig." I say, repeating Brian's words

"I didn't even know that he was leaving?" He says. "He's a leader. He's supposed to tell me before he leaves. Especially if he already signed a contract with another company." He explains.

"I don't know." I shrug. "But I'm talking to him about it today." 

"Do you really think that's a good idea? I mean, we had that whole issue with him before. Do you really want to just go and work for him?" He asks.