32

Grayson's POV

"Nathan Zamora. How does all of this make a little too much sense now?" Shane asks, looking at our old yearbook. After the run in with Nathan and Marcus the other day, Shane was on a complete mission to find out old year book.

"Yeah, that's her brother." I groan.

"That guy was dumber than a sack of potatoes and I'm pretty sure a cardboard box had more personality than he did." Shane laughs.

"This isn't good." I say.

"Why?" Shane asks.

"Because, the guy that we absolutely hated in high school just so happens to be the brother of the girl I'm dating. Oh, and he hates both of us." I remind him.

"Okay, but who cares. It's not like you have to see him any more. You said he's from Miami, yeah?" Shane says.

"I mean, yeah. But still. that's her brother. Everything she's told me has been nothing but positive. She thinks so highly of him. There's no way I can say something good about that guy." I say with a grimace. 

"Okay, then don't. Tell her the truth. Just say that you and Nathan never really got along in high school." He says.

"And when he started to mention Sofia I wanted to absolutely-"

"Hold on, hold on. What the fuck did he say about Sofia?" Shane says, standing up from his spot and holding his hand up in a pause.

"Well they asked if I still knew you. And I mentioned that you were seeing my sister. Basically, they were referring to you as the guy who never touched his dick and-"

"I think I know where this is going and I want to kill them already." He says.

"They said that since you're dating my sister you definitely don't get your dick touched." I say, finishing anyways.

"Joke is on them! I touch his dick all of the time!" Sofia exclaims.

"God, I don't want to know." I groan.

"Fuck those guys, seriously. Let me see the picture of him again." Sofia says, skipping over to the couch to be by Shane. Shane points at Nathan and Sofia squints to look at it.

"I mean, he definitely looks like one of those pretty boys that every high school has." She says.

"Who the hell would marry this guy?" Shane asks.

"Who the hell cares? Come on, you guys are so much better than those two losers. I mean it. Look at what you two have and look at where these guys are at. You're successful and handsome. Let's not forget to mention that your dating his sister and his best friend's ex. You're winning, Gray." She tells me.

"I guess so." I grumble.

"They're still assholes, though." Shane says.

"Well, duh. I'm just saying don't let someone like Nathan even get under your skin. You're twenty eight. You need to let that shit from ten years ago go." She says.

"I guess you're right." I sigh.

"I'm always right. Don't let something like this ruin what you have with Natalia." She adds.

"What has she said about all of this?" Shane asks.

"She said that she had no idea why Nathan was being so rude. She said it was completely out of character for him." I say, repeating her words. 

"Out of character? Yeah, right." Shane grumbles. Sofia hits his arm and rolls her eyes.

"Well no matter what the reason may be, you need to be the bigger person. Ignore him and just remember that he's leaving. You won't have to deal with him after this." Sofia reminds us.