“What concert?”

“The We The Kings concert. The hell? We spoke about this.” Michael said in a frustrated tone.

“No, we didn’t.”

“Yes, we did. I clearly remember you telling me when I asked if you still liked them that you did and you were hoping to go to a concert they were having in a few months. Then I thought; ‘why the hell not?’ and I got some tickets and I told you I’ll be coming to pick you up today for said concert.”

“I remember telling you I still loved them and I remember telling you I wanted to go to the concert but I don’t remember the bit about the concert tickets.”

“Babe, I told you.”

“Don’t you think I would’ve remembered being told I had the opportunity to see my favourite band live?”

“But-but I remember telling you.”

“Michael, you didn’t. Trust me, I would’ve remembered. It’s WTK.”

“Ugh.” Michael sighed rubbing a hand over his face. “I'm on my way, just get ready.”  Abby squealed and Michael pulled the phone away from his ear.

“You better not be messing with my emotions, Clifford.”

“I'm not.”

“Michael, I swear if you’re lying I’ll hang you by your weak and fragile hair.”

“Babe, I swear... I'm not lying. Can you just shut up and go get ready.” He said and she screamed again.

“Have I ever told you that I love you?! Because I do!” She giggled and Michael laughed at how excited she was getting.

“I’ll be over in a bit. Go get changed.” He said again before hanging up.

---

“I don’t know if you’ll like the seats.” Michael said nervously scratching the back of his neck as they made their way into the building.

“Look, a few hours ago, I didn’t even know I was going to this concert. How good the seats are is literally the last thing on my mind. I’ve been waiting for this moment for over five years. Excuse me if I cry or freak out.”

“It’s okay.” Michael laughed as they found their seats. They were somewhere in the middle and Abby squealed when she realized how close they were to the stage. He glanced around and hoped he could get through the night without being recognized. He wasn’t really a huge fan of We The Kings but he was a huge fan of watching his girlfriend fangirl over them so he hoped he’d get a quiet night.

The lights went off and the crowd went wild as Travis, Hunter, Danny, Coley and Charles came on stage. Travis took center stage and raised his hands up and that only made the crowd go wilder.

“They’re actually there!” Abby yelled slapping his arm continuously. He turned and looked at her and smiled. She beamed back at him before turning to pay attention to the stage as the intro for Skyway Avenue started playing.

She said let’s change our luck, this night is all we got, drive fast until we crash this dead end life. Sweet dreams that won’t come through, I’ll leave it all for you. Brick walls are closing in let’s make a run tonight. Blinded by the lights, hold you through forever won’t let you go-sing it!

Cause if you jump I will jump too, we will fall together!

 The crowd yelled and Michael got goosebumps on his neck. No matter which concert he was at be it his own or another random one, he always loved the feeling of love and togetherness whenever the crowd started screaming lyrics.

From the building’s ledge; never looking back at what we done; we’ll say, it was love. Cause I will die for you on Skyway Avenue!

An hour later Michael found himself jumping and screaming along to the lyrics he knew. He was having a good time and he was glad he actually decided to purchase the tickets. The crowd quieted down as the intro for Check Yes Juliet started to play. Abby nudged him and when he turned his attention to her she was trying not to laugh.

“Don’t sing along to this one. The first time was disastrous enough.” She said bursting out in laughter.

“Fuck you.” Michael mumbled as they song started and the crowd screamed every single lyric back to the band. He was waiting for one specific song though and when the intro started playing his heart started racing and he got a bit too excited.

“I love this song!” He said leaning over and screaming in Abby’s ear. She nodded and smiled without removing her eyes from the stage. The entire room got completely silent as the band stared singing.

I'm only sure of one thing that's you right now. I hear your voice and what we talk about. And I'm trying to say what won't come out. Yeah I'm trying to fix this broken up. And I'm wishing that I could take your hand and set you on some untouched land. Just so you are never sad again and the world you have known will somehow end

Michael reached over and took Abby’s hand, intertwining their fingers without removing his eyes from the stage. Since the first time he heard this song he fell in love with it. There was just something about the lyrics that made him feel like it was written just for him.

There's a beating to your heart that I just can't be apart...”

Abby squeezed Michael’s hand and put her other hand over his.

I can feel the rain fall down on us together, just wait for the sunshine, let's wait for the new day when we can't get away. It's me and you held close together, hold on for the long ride; this won't be easy, tonight.

When the second verse started Michael could hold it back any longer. He started whispering the lyrics along with the band.

Just hear my voice and know that I am here. I'm always there to wipe away your tears. I lay your hair behind your gentle ear and tell you there is nothing more to fear. You are the reason I am the best I'll be, so let me stitch your heart so it won't bleed. And I won't rest until you finally breathe. 'Cause I still love you more than anything .There's a beating to your heart that I just can't be apart...

He tugged on her hand and pulled her so she was standing in front of him. He hugged her and placed his chin on her shoulder.

I can feel the rain fall down on us together, just wait for the sunshine, let's wait for the new day when we can't get away. It's me and you held close together, hold on for the long ride; his won't be easy, tonight.

He smiled when he heard her singing along with the song. Then something happened, Michael wasn’t quite sure but something happened and this heavy feeling came over the entire audience as the song came to an end and the band stopped singing and the crowd took over.

I can feel the rain fall down, I can see the clouds leaving town, I can tell your life's turned around and I can hear you singing so loud, now.

He smiled and swayed as the crowd sang the chorus again. He turned and kissed Abby’s neck and he knew, he knew that if anyone asked him what the best day of his life was, this was going to have to be it.

***
I just felt I needed to post a section of my wtk playlist. I love them, whut?

Also... Japan maikeru-kun is amazing.