11 - THE REVENGERS

Start from the beginning

"How come I -- what?" Thor sounded hurt but shook it off as the women separated.

"Hi," Valkyrie returned, keeping an arm around Aurora's waist. She knew it was probably to keep her from getting lost in the crowd around them, but it felt secure.

Thor pouted as he pointed to the creature on the floor, "I... I was gonna do that."

She shrugged, "Well, I did it first."

"That's good, what are you doing here?"

Valkyrie furrowed her brow as she tried to look behind Thor where Banner was hiding. She questioned, "What are you doing here? I thought you were leaving." Her gaze shifted over to Aurora, "I thought--"

"Since when are you two jolly good pals is what I would like to know," Thor asked as he looked at Aurora and Brunnhilde's stance. "Aurora, c'mon, I thought we were a team, don't pick her!"

"Oi, didn't you want me to be on your team in the first place?" Brunnhilde challenged with a rough expression, "Aurora and I... we're friends, surprisingly. She's less annoying than you are, at least. Anyway, answer my question, what are you still doing here?"

Thor shrugged, shooting glances between Brunnhilde and Aurora, "We got sidetracked."

"And what's with the..." she motioned to the shawl and Aurora stifled a giggle. This was very much unlike her -- to feel so attached to someone -- but she supposed she was getting more human every moment she spent on this planet. Her and Valkyrie had only known each other for a brief period of time, but in the same vein, she felt as if she had known the woman for years. Maybe she was simply being ridiculous, but there were a few moments with the woman she couldn't quite forget. Aurora hadn't realized it until she saw her again, but leaving Brunnhilde in that building and chasing after Thor... it pained her.

"It's my disguise," Thor answered casually.

Valkyrie was unimpressed by this, raising an eyebrow and saying, "But I can see your face."

"Not when I do this, you can't," the god countered as he pulled the shawl in front of his face.

"Do we really have time for this?" Aurora interrupted with a small laugh, her hands nervously twisting her braided hair.

Brunnhilde rolled her eyes at Thor as she turned around, pulling Aurora with her. When Thor and Bruce didn't follow at first, the woman turned and nodded her head down the path they were going, telling them to come with. As they walked, Brunnhilde kept a loose grip on the blonde's wrist.

"We should probably talk," Aurora muttered, quiet enough so the men behind her couldn't hear. "Something's off with you."

"How well do you think you know me?" Brunnhilde asked with a scoff, but her voice faltered, "I just... didn't think I was gonna see you again 's all. I reckoned you'd get off this shithole, defeat Hela, and return to wherever it was you came from."

"The stars, I'm a living star," Aurora reminded as they walked, a small smile ghosting over her features, "I didn't think I'd see you again, either. I'm glad I did, though."

Brunnhilde smiled, "Me too."

"Hold on, did she just smile? Aurora are you using that happy magic on her or something?" Thor interrupted their conversation, but she was grateful for the distraction.

Both women disregarded the question as Brunnhilde pointed to Bruce, "Who is this guy, anyway?"

"I'm Bruce," he introduced.

"I feel like I know you!" Valkyrie exclaimed and Aurora kept her quiet laugh to herself.

"I feel like I know you, too!"

They followed the woman into a building, but before they entered whichever room she was leading them to, she turned, "Look, I've spent years in a haze, trying to forget my past. Sakaar seemed like the best place to drink and forget and die one day."

"I was thinking that you drink too much," the tall man muttered and Aurora smacked him gently. "And that was probably going to kill you."

Still, she looked over at Valkyrie and whispered, "You do."

"I don't plan to stop drinking. But I don't wanna forget," she shot a gentle glance over at Aurora, "I can't turn away anymore. So, if I'm gonna die... well, it may as well be driving my sword through the heart of that murderous hag. So, I'm saying that I wanna be on the team. Has it got a name?"

"Yeah! Have we got a name?" Aurora exclaimed in wonder, looking over at Thor.

Thor looked skeptical as he said, "Yeah, it's called the Revengers."

"Revengers?" Brunnhilde asked with a sarcastic tone in her voice.

He shrugged, "Yeah, because I'm getting revenge. You're getting revenge. Aurora's just here for fun, you know." He turned to Bruce, "Do you want revenge?"

"I'm undecided."

Valkyrie nodded, saying, "Also, I've got a peace offering."

She opened the door and there was a man, tied up in chains. He had long black hair and pale skin. When the man saw them, he said, "Surprise."

"He looks familiar, who is this?" Aurora asked as they entered the room. It was unusual that people looked familiar to her considering she had only been human about twice before.

Thor sighed, "Aurora, meet my brother, Loki."

i gave y'all an aurora/brunnhilde reunion AND a loki cameo be grateful <3