"How do you like your new present?" Allison asked Crisitina as she looked up from her salad and looked at her.

"Owen said she would surprise me. Well, guess what. Surprise! She doesn't know how to do surgery." Crisitina complained, since Teddy Altman wasn't well known for her surgery skills.

"Leave her alone. It's her first day." Alex defended as he took a bite of his sandwich.

"Why are you defending her? She went to state school." Crisitna glared at him making Allison chuckle.

"So did I." Alex shurgged.

"Well, she's skinny and blonde."

"So is Mer." Allison spoke up pointing at Meredith who nodded her head in agreement. Crisitina isn't making good points on why she needs to dislike Teddy.

"Well, she's annoying." Cristina shrugged eating her salad, looking back at the attending's table.

"So are you."

"Where is your wife, by the way." Allison winced at Crisitna's question knowing Alex was ignoring her for a reason. He wasn't ready to go talk to her and pretend her leaving was fine—at least in Allison's case.

"What did you say to Owen?" Meredith quickly changed the subject, not wanting to know how this talk was going to turn out.

"Oh, that she's gotta go. I mean he knows how important this is to me. I need someone who's gonna take me to the next level, and he brings me, like, this desert storm barbie who hasn't seen the inside of an O.R. in, like, ten years. I mean, if this is what he thinks of my talent, then I-I gotta break up with him." Cristina shook her head, before taking a bite of her salad and then glancing up to look at Alex, "Have you even talked to Izzie yet? Has anyone talked to her?"

"You know what? No one's allowed to talk about Izzie while I eat." Alex snaps pointing at his tray filled with food while Meredith and Allison look at one another, panic in both their eyes.

"Am I the only one concerned here?" Cristina asked looking at her two friends. Alex immediately puts his sandwich down on the tray before getting up and leaving the table. "What?"

Meredith looked at her best friend, "It's my first day back. I just wanted to have a nice, normal lunch together"

"Oh, yeah? Well, take a look around. Nothings normal." Cristina shrugged, "Oh, and Allison is avoiding pretty boy." Cristina pointed out to them making Allison eyes go wide. Meredith face was covered in confusion, she doesn't quite know all of the new doctors so she didn't know who Cristina was talking about. "Jackson Avery, that's his name."

Allison scoffed, "I-I am not." She dismissed not wanting to talk about the pretty boy with passionate green eyes. The boy who gave her nothing but love and heartache.

"Your flustered and very panic look is giving you away, Allie." Meredith pointed out making her get up and begin to walk away. "You can't hide forever! Remember that!" Meredith yelled after her.

***

"Meredith, you really shouldn't go talk to him about this, If he wants to he can talk to Izzie by himself." Allison tried convince Meredith to let Izzie and Alex talk it out of themselves and not having either of their friends get involved.

Meredith glanced at Allison before coming to a stop, making the Carter stop as well, "Fine. Tell me about Jackson and why you're avoiding him."

"On second thought, let's go fix Alex's marriage." Allison walked forward not waiting for a response as the two found him working on a computer.

Meredith walked up to him first, "The guy Izzie brought in has N.P.H. Derek's operating now." Meredith looked at Alex who wasn't paying attention to her, his attention was focused on the computer screen, "Allie and I snuck her into the gallery so she can watch. So if you want to go talk to her..."

Allison could tell Alex was trying to act like he doesn't care but he does. He's just hurt that Izzie managed to show up for her benefit only.

"Just explain her to me, okay? Because I don't get it. I don't get her." Alex glanced at his friends.

"And we do? We're just like you. She's all bright and shiny even after everything she's been through. I don't get it, Mer doesn't it get it." Allison shrugged, "But you were the one who married her, so you're the one who has to figure it out."

Meredith nodded her head, "So if you want an explanation you have to go talk to Iz." Meredith concluded before she patted his shoulder and leaving him alone.

"I get how you feel Alex, believe me. It's your choice if you want to talk to her. I'm not going to push you." Allison smiled at him as she placed her hand on his shoulder, lightly squeezing it and leaving him alone.

***

Allison was ready to head home, she quickly tried to get out of her scrubs before she could come face to face with Jackson Avery. Grabbing her bag from her cubby and throwing it on her shoulder, she heard a ding coming from her pocket, she reached to grab her phone to see it's a text message from Meredith.

Mer:
Meet us at Joe's. Izzie left again.

Allison sighed she was about to type in a response when she felt her body collide with another, making her drop her phone. Allison cursed lowly as she crouched down to pick up her phone and the person had the same idea as they bump heads.

"I'm sorry." The person spoke up making Allison eyes go wide, she'd recognize that voice anywhere. Allison raised her head up as she stared into his eyes. "Allie?"

Allison's breath hitched in her throat, it's like she almost forgot how to function. "I-I have to go."

She managed to choke out ready to leave him but before she could leave Jackson took a hold of her hand. "Allison, please talk to me. We need to talk."

Suddenly all the anger she had managed to ignore all these years bubbled up inside her, "You're six years too late." She spat at him. Jackson could see the anger in her brown eyes, the eyes that once held love and adoration for him. He knew she wouldn't give in immediately to talk to him, but he only hoped she would. "Now, let me go." Allison shook his hand off her arm as she stared at him.

Allison took a deep breathe before finally exiting the resident lounge ready to have some drinks with her friends. After seeing him up close and talking to him she knew she needed the drink.

salvattrre speaks...
i hope you guys are enjoying the story so far.

so she just talked to jackson for the first time in six years...kind of...yikes