Plan exposed

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Max was breathing hard as he had his hand on the doorknob of David's office. He was trying to talk himself into going in and doing what he needed to do before David and Maya got back.

"You get in there and get whatever is in that drawer, don't even worry about the cameras. Then you get to headquarters as fast as you can, my team can protect you there. Don't worry about me, I'll take care of David."

It was a simple plan that Maya had given him. Apparently they were all ready to bust David that day as whatever his plans were was to he taking place soon.

Max took a deep breath and opened the door to his office, waking right in. He gave himself a minute to look around, staring at the camera for a moment before walking over to the desk.

He wasn't sure which drawer it was that Maya was talking about. So he went through them all, looking for anything that seemed out of the ordinary.

David had given him explicit instructions to tell the movers to get everything from the lower floor our first and then head to the upper floors. He didn't tell Max what he had planned, but he did tell him that they would be sitting pretty in California before the evening was over with.

It was the last drawer that he opened, and inside was a white folder that had the word 'classified' on it. He grabbed it out of the drawer and opened it up, reading what was inside.

It was definitely David's handwriting. Everything that he was planning was written here in black and white, and as Max continued to read, his heartbeat sped up, and his eyes got wide.

"Oh my God." He whispered. "H-he can't." Max quickly shut the folder and laid it on the desk, searching deeper through the drawer for anything else that might help.

There was another folder, this time green. Max picked it up with shaking hands, and what he saw was enough to make have a panic attack.

Inside the folder was pictures of Maya. But it wasn't pictures of her as Josie, they were pictures of her being her self. Pictures of her with her gun on her hip, pictures of her talking with Josh and other members of her team. Newspaper clippings of Carries death with Maya's face on the cover, written down below was part of the speech that she had given at the funeral.

He knew. He knows who Maya is. He knows she's not actually Josie. But how long has he known? Did he know the entire time? How did he get these.

"Oh God, Maya!" Max exclaimed as he took that folder and the white one with all Max's plans and ran out the door.

Maya was in trouble. She was out by herself with David right now. He had to get to headquarters, he had to tell her team. And they had to stop David from his plan to literally destroy New York City.
~

Maya walked with David, their hands linked together, through the downtown park in New York. They had been going to meetings and talking with people all day that David asked if they could take a bit of a break and just walk around for a bit.

"Aren't you worried you're going to be late for your meetings?" Maya asked. She knew that big one he was going to have was the last one before they were supposed to meet up with Max at the airport and board a private flight to California. The airport was where she was hoping that Max would tell her they had him, and she could go ahead and take him down.

"No. I think it will be nice to take a look around New York for the last time. Before everything happens." He told her. Maya bit her lip and let him lead her over to a park bench.

"Are you ever going to tell me what it is that you've got going on inside that head of yours?" Maya asked him with a slight tease in her voice.

"Oh come now, Josie. Wouldn't it be more exciting to watch it happen then to actually hear about it?" He asked her. Maya gave him a weird look and he rolled his eyes. "You worry too much, I promise. You'll find out soon enough."

"So what time are we supposed to meet Max at the airport?" Maya asked him. David was quiet for a moment before responding.

"Soon. But I wanted to show you something before we headed out for the last meeting today and then to the airport. It's something quite special, I've been thinking about taking you there for quite sometime." He told her.

Maya suddenly got a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach. One that she usually got when there was danger nearby. It was her gut instinct, and it hasn't led her wrong yet.

"Well, maybe another time. I wouldn't want you to be late for your meeting." Maya told him. David shook his head.

"But that's just it, we're never going to step foot in New York again, that's why I need to show you now, why I still can." He said. His focus was on the horizon just up ahead. His posture was relaxed, but Maya's was tense.

She wanted more than anything to touch base with Max and ask if he had the plans yet. If he had gotten to headquarters and made contact with her team yet. The sooner she could take David down the better, because she really wasn't liking this feeling the was getting.

"Let's go, times wasting." David said as he got up from the bench. Maya hesitantly followed suit. "After you." He smiled at her. Maya bit her lip and started walking ahead of him to were the car was, completely oblivious to the glare he was giving her from behind her back.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all for reading those 3 chapter update!! I hope you enjoyed!! See you soon!