Past memories

Here's some extra joshaya just for you! Enjoy!
________________________
"You're gonna get cold." Maya smiled.

"I know you'd never let that happen." She replied before feeling arms go around her waist from behind.

"You should come back to bed." He told her while placing a kiss on her neck. Maya leaned back into him.

"It's just so... Peaceful. Like the whole world doesn't even exist." She said as she looked out of the window to New York city. Maya could feel his face turn into a smile on her neck.

"If only that was the case." He laughed.

"You and I would be out of a job." She responded. His went into a frown.

"Now that you mention it maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea. He said making Maya sigh. She turned around and put her arms around his neck.

"Josh please, we talked about this." Maya told him as she hooked her arms around his neck.

"No, you talked about it. I didn't get one word in because you had already made up your mind." He told her. Maya sighed and put her head down.

"Let's just have this last night of vacation. Let it just be us and no drama of arguing. Please?" She asked him. Josh nodded his head before removing the sheet she had wrapped around her and pulling her back to the bed.

"Josh!" Lucas yelled making me jump out of my daydream. "I found something you might want to see." He said as he walked into one of the offices. I sighed before getting up and following him.

That night was the last peaceful night Maya and I had together. We broke up the next day and even after my thousandth attempt to get back together with her, she wouldn't have any part of it. It's my fault though, I was the one who... Never Mind. I shouldn't get into all that right now, I have a case to work and I need to be focused on that and not let my personal feelings get in the way.

"What did you find?" I asked as I went into the office and sat down on the desk while Lucas went to the computer.

"Somebody tried to delete all the footage from inside the Statue of Liberty, but I was able to get some some from the satellite footage and from the docks when they get off the boat." Lucas said as he put the hard drive into the computer and pressed play once the download came up.

The video started to play and we saw the little girl getting onto the boat with her mom. We watched as the boat took off and then come back in he next footage. This time the little girl was with someone who had a hoodie on over his face. We zoomed in on him but couldn't get a description of him.

"Josh!" Zay exclaimed as he came in. "We interviewed all the people that were in the boat with the little girl, and all of them said that the girl looked scared but thy couldn't tell who she was with." Zay announced as he handed me a clear picture of the guy in a hoodie with the little girl on the boat that someone had taken.

"But they did say that when one of them went to tell the boat driver that they were suspicious of this guy, the boat driver told them to mind their own business and go sit back down." Mia told him as she gave me the witness statement.

"And then when our unsub took the girl off the boat, he nodded his head at the boat driver who gave him a thumbs up in return." Zay finished. I shook my head, he had something to do with this.

"Did you get anything from any of the other crime scenes?" I asked as I put the picture and witness statement on the desk and turned to Lucas.

"Nothing. They were better at the last two crime scenes than they were at this one." Lucas told me.

"They perfected it. The first time was rushed, unplanned. This time they had experience." I said as I re looked over all of the proof laid out in front of me.

"Where's Maya and Farkle?" Mia asked as she looked around.

"They had some lead they went follow." I said not looking up.

"You let her go back into the field?!" Lucas demanded. "You know I risked my friendship with her to tell you about her shoulder!" Lucas yelled making give him a look.

"It's not like I had a choice. She left the building and when I told Farkle to go get her back he went with her." I said annoyed by my two agents.

"What kind of lead did they get?" Mia asked trying to change the subject.

"I'm not sure. I told them they better have a progress report for me when I call in two hours or their both off the case." I said as I put the pictures up in a folder.

"Oh yeah that's smart. Take two of our best agents off the team when we need them most." Lucas said sarcastically. I don't know what his problem was but I'm not going to take much more of it.

"That's right. And if you don't watch your attitude I might take you off the case as well. Don't mess with me right now, Lucas. You won't like the outcome." I told him glaring. Lucas rolled his eyes before he turned away and walked out of the door.

"Anyway, Mia I want you to take this folder and go before a judge to see if it's enough for a warrant." I said as I handed her the folder. She was hesitant but followed my orders.

"Look. It's not that we're not happy to have you here. It's just that, after what happened..." Zay stared as he trailed off. I narrowed my eyebrows at him.

"You weren't even around when all that happened." I told him making him nod his head.

"I know. But I've heard the stories. Look just cut them some slack. It's a lot to take in. How would you feel it your ex came back and was now bossing you around and you had to do everything she asked you to do." Zay asked me. I smiled. How I wish things were reversed because I know exactly what I would do if it were. I nod my head at Zay to tell him that I understood what he was saying.

"I'm going to go and see if I can get a interrogation room set up." Zay said before he left the room. I sat down on the chair beside the desk before sighing and putting my head in my hands. I looked up at the clock and noticed that it had been two hours and that it was time to call Farkle and Maya. Whatever their lead was, it better be good.
___________________________
And that contains today's update! I hope that these chapters make up for the wait!