Proposal

Two years earlier:

"I can't believe you asked her to marry you," said LB to Blacker who had just proposed to his girlfriend. Everyone was congratulating him and there were good vibes all around.

Later on that night...

Bradley and LB were walking home, fingers entwined together when Bradley started to speak.
"He's a romantic one, isn't he?" He laughed.
"Don't bully him," retaliated LB. "what he did was really sweet and thoughtful,"
"Very Blacker," added Bradley.
"Just because you're probably gonna propose mid combat when we're about to die," she joked.

Present day:

Bradley watched as LB sent a huge man tumbling to the floor. They were surrounded and outnumbered. Two people against twenty. Then Bradley had a thought. The ring was in his pocket. He didn't have any other idea how to do it. Brilliant.
She sent another man into the air after kicking him under the chin. She's good, thought Bradley. Soon they were back to back. It's now or never.
"I gotta ask you something," shouted Bradley above the noise while booting a man in the shins.
"Now?" She asked, smashing two heads together.
"I can't help it," he said. "I have to ask,"
"Ok, shoot," she said, knocking someone out.
"Well, I'm not the best at romantic speeches so I'm not gonna bother. I just think your awesome,"
He heard her giggle over a roar of pain from a man she had just stabbed in the shoulder.
"Your just so cool and smart and funny and I love you so much," he said. "In fact I don't think I will ever be able to show you just how much," he grabbed her wrist and twirled her around to face him.
"Despite my vigorous attempts," he winked.
She blushed and shoved him, all while knocking another man out. He smiled.
"I need you," he continued. "I need you with me, here, now, forever,"
"Brad," she said, turning to face him as more men appeared to fight them. "Get to the point,"
"Yeah, uh sorry," he smiled knocking one guy out with a single punch. "My point is, I don't want you to just be my girlfriend anymore,"
She turned to face him again, suddenly realising what he was saying. Her face was filled with shock but her eyes were filled with love.
"I think you get my point," he smiled, pulling her closer to him. "Byrdie, will you make me the luckiest man alive and marry me?"
He suddenly lost all his confidence as silence filled the room. It was only them and one man left now and even he wanted to know her answer.
LB kissed him slowly and smiled.
"It's about time," she said sarcastically.
He grinned and picked her up, spinning her around.
"I love you," he whispered as he put her down.
"I love you more," she said, bringing their lips back together. Mid way through the kiss, LB felt the other man sneaking up behind her. She let her foot pop, kicking him hard in the knees and them strain genes her leg out behind her to kick him in the face as he fell to his knees. He was out cold. Bradley pulled away and saw what had happened.
"Did I mention how cool you are?" He laughed.
"Once or twice," she said.
And together they strolled hand in hand back to a very exited Hitch who could not wait to ruin the reception by getting very drunk and embarrassing them both in his best man speech.