She knows...

LB knows Clancy knows!!!!!!!! (Set in BAYD but before Bradley dies)

Clancy left Ruby's house smiling. He found it quite amusing when his best friend was so stressed for no reason. She was one strange girl, but he still loved her anyway. He was contemplating what he meant by loved when he felt a small, delicate hand pulling him into an alleyway by his shoulder. He felt the other hand over his mouth, stopping him from screaming. The Count? No. These hands were definitely that of a woman and he could smell the perfume on her wrists. Not Lorelei, that he knew. This scent was not hers because it was not Turkish Delight. Nor was it Marnie Novak's because it was not sandalwood. No, this was a rather comforting fragrance of vanilla and syrup. It was hard to believe that someone who wore this perfect scent could be harmful. Slowly, he was released from the woman's grasp. He turned around, sharply to see his captor. She was beautiful, very thin but not underweight and dressed all in white. Her lips were stained cherry red with lipstick. Then he suddenly remembered. Which person had he heard of but never met, whose clothing was fully white and had red lipstick. He gulped and took a step backwards. LB.

"By the look on your face," she said, agonisingly slowly. "I think you must know who I am,"
Clancy didn't speak. He knew there was no point trying to cover it up. After all, it was Ruby's rule number 26. Never kid a kidder. Besides, he had already given the game away. Should he run? No way. She would easily catch up with him or just shoot him. He closed his eyes tightly shut, awaiting what he presumed to be a bullet to the head.
"Relax, Crew," said LB, dryly. "I'm not in the habit of killing children. If I was, Redfort would have been dead months ago,"
Clancy wasn't sure if this was meant to be a joke or not but by the look on her face, he decided it must be the latter.
"So," he whispered shakily. "What do you want?"
Her steely blue eyes seemed to burn through his, causing him to become slightly dizzy.
"I want to know if I can trust you," she said. "Hitch seems to believe that you are a good kid and, although I trust him with my life, I can't put my faith in the hands of a thirteen year old boy who I have never met,"
"Well, I've kept the secret so far haven't I?" Said Clancy, struggling to sound more confident than he really felt. He knew she could see straight through him though. Her eyes could read him like a book.
"It seems you have, but, as the boss, I need to ensure the safety of my agency and it's agents,"
Clancy felt something in the pit of his stomach then, like a burning fire that he had to put out. He had to convince her. He had to, for his sake and Ruby's.
"Look," he sighed. "I understand where your coming from but I have absolutely no intention of ever hurting Spectrum. You are forgetting that Ruby is my best friend and I would never put her in any danger. And Hitch, I care about him too and I would never want to put him at risk either. And as of recently, you can add Bradley to that list too,"
LB's face softened at the mention of Bradley and she nodded. Clancy almost thought he saw a smile creep onto the corner of her lips. Feeling a lot more comfortable now, he spoke again.
"And in terms of Bradley, I think you should just tell him," he said, bravely.
LB's eyes widened.
"Excuse me?" She asked, shocked.
"I think he'd prefer it if you just told him what happened between you two. Besides, you love him right?" Clancy asked, knowing the real answer.
"I think you'll find that love is no longer in my vocabulary, Mr Crew," she scowled cruelly.
"Perhaps," said Clancy. "But it is in your face. I see straight through you LB,"
"And how do you know you're right?" She asked.
"Because you remind me of someone. Yes, a certain stubborn best friend of mine. You may hate to admit it, but you're one and the same,"
LB's scowl twisted into a grin as she turned to leave.
"Come off it Crew," she shouted back to him as she dissolved into the mist. "You and I both know Redfort is not just your best friend, she's more."

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let me know what you think and tell me how you're doing. I hope you're all doing good and I can't wait to read the stuff you guys are putting out soon. Be safe xxx