"I think we need to do a lot more than lock me in my room."

I frowned. "What, you mean because if you get out you'd be caught by hunters?"

Scott shook his head. "No. Because if I get out, I think I might kill someone."

"Scott, you okay, dude?" Stiles asked. "Look, I know we just got good news and all, but there's still seven hours till the full moon, okay?"

Later, on the lacrosse field, I heard Coach yell, "Let's go!" Jackson glared at Scott. "Guess some people don't appreciate your new status there, McCall. Who's next? Let's go. You have a problem with that, Bilinski?"

"Bilinski?" I muttered.

Scott, who'd heard me, answered, "Don't ask."

"What? Yeah, no," Stiles said.

Coach turned to Scott. "All right, you're up, big boy. Let's go! That's it, McCall! That's the spirit! You earn it! Earn it, McCall!"

Scott knocked Danny to the ground.

"Danny! Oh, man, Danny!" a player cried.

"Dude, what the hell are you doin'?" Stiles asked.

"He's twice the size of me," Scott replied.

"Come on, watch out," Coach warned.

Stiles frowned. "Yeah, but everybody likes Danny. Now everybody's gonna hate you."

"I don't care," Scott retorted.

After school, I made my way to Scott's to hang out and walked up the stairs to hear Stiles cry, "Oh, my Go! Dude. You scared the hell out of me. Your mom said you weren't home. Oh! Hey, Nica."

"I came in through the window," Scott said in a haunting voice.

"Yeah, Nicolette came through the front door. Like a normal person. You did, right?" I nodded. "See? She did. Okay, uh, well, let's get this set up. I want to see what you bought."

"I'm fine."

"You sure about that? 'Cause you've got this kind of serial killer look going on in your eyes, and I'm hoping it's the full moon taking effect, 'cause it's really starting to freak me out."

"I'm fine," Scott said again. "You two should go now."

"All right, we'll leave. Well, look, would you just at least look in the at and see what I bought? You know, maybe you use it, maybe you don't. Sound good?"

"You think I'm gonna let you put these on and chain me up like a dog?"

"Actually, no."

"What the hell are you doing?" Scott asked as he was handcuffed to the radiator.

"Protecting you from yourself and giving you some payback -- for making out with Lydia."

Stiles left to get something and I glared at Scott. "Seriously? You know how much she means to him! That boy's been pining over her for years!"

Stiles returned with a white plastic dog bowl labeled Scott. As he poured water into it, he said, "I brought you some water."

"I'm gonna kill you!" Scott yelled.

"You kissed her, Scott, okay? You kissed Lydia. That's, like, the one girl that I ev -- and, you know, for the past three hours, I've been thinking, it's probably just the full moon, you know, he doesn't even know what he's doing and tomorrow, he'll be totally back to normal. He probably won't even remember what a complete dumbass friend he's been. A son of a bitch, a freaking unbelievable piece of crap friend."

"She kissed me," Scott said quietly.

"What?"

"I didn't kiss her. She kissed me. She would have done a lot more, too. You should have seen the way she had her hands all over me. She would have done anything I wanted. Anything!"

Stiles and I stepped out of the room and he sat against the wall, resting his head in his hands. I rubbed his arm gently, not liking to see him in pain.

After awhile, Scott said, "Stiles, please let me out. It's the full moon, I swear. You know I wouldn't do any of this on purpose. Please, Stiles, let me out. Nica, tell him I'm right. It's starting to hurt. It's not like the first time. It's the full moon. It's Allison breaking up with me. I know that it's not just taking a break. She broke up with me. And it's killing me. I feel completely hopeless. Just, please, let me out."

"I can't."

"No, no, no!"

Scott's head drooped and Stiles asked, "Scott, are you okay? Scott?"

I peeked into the room. "Scott's not okay. Our best hope is that he found Derek. You all right, Stiles?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I will be. Thanks for staying, Nica."

"'Course. What are friends for?"