03

Nicolette's POV:

Stiles, Scott and I walked through the halls and Stiles asked, "So you killed her?"

"I don't know," Scott replied. "I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before."

"Really? I have. Usually ends a little differently."

I shot a look as Stiles. "I'm gonna stop you right there."

Scott nodded. ""A," I meant I've never had a dream that felt that real, and "B," never give me that detail about you in bed."

"Noted," Stiles said. "Let me take a guess here-"

"No, I know you two think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow, like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out."

"No, of course not." Scott gave him a look. "Yeah, that's totally it. Hey, come on, it's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly. You know, it's not like there's a lycanthropy class for beginners you can take."

"Yeah, not a class, but maybe a teacher."

"Who, Derek? You forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?"

"Uh, where you two got him tossed in jail," I corrected.

"You were there, Nica."

"I may've been there, but you two were the ones that got him arrested."

Scott sighed. "Stiles, there's no point in arguing with her." He paused a moment. "Yeah, I know, but chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus, it felt so real."

"How real?"

"Like it actually happened."

We walked out the doors to see a bloody, crushed bus.

"I think it did," I said.

Stiles glanced at Scott. "She's probably fine."

"She's not answering my texts, Stiles, Nica."

"It could just be a coincidence, all right? A seriously amazing coincidence."

"Just help me find her, okay? Do you two see her?"

"No," Stiles and I answered.

Scott walked off and I saw him bump into Allison.

"He found her," I said.

"Good," Stiles replied.

A voice over the speaker sounded "Attention, students, this is your principal. I know you're all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our buses. While the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as scheduled."

As we walked into class, Scott guessed, "Maybe it was my blood on the floor."

"Could have been animal blood," Stiles said. "You know, maybe you caught a rabbit or something."

"And did what?"

"Ate it," I said seriously.

"Raw?"

Stiles frowned. "No, you stopped to bake it in a little werewolf oven. I don't know, you're the one who can't remember anything."

Harris looked up. "Mr. Stilinski, if that's your idea of a hushed whisper, you might want to pull the headphones out every once in awhile. I think you, Mr. McCall and Miss Hamilton would benefit from a little distance, yes?"