14.𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦

multiple flashbacks

"dad, i'm dating this girl. i...I think you'd really like her" Rafe said to ward while they were having dinner. "that's nice to hear" Ward replied asking about her, "It's Kayla" He blurted. "Kayla, Sarah's friend? the smith's daughter?" He asked in shock. "yeah her" Rafe smiled proudly. "wow she really is a great girl. You should bring her to meet me sometime."

"I'm so happy to have you as a part of this family"

"rafe what are you doing?" Kayla asked in confusion as her boyfriend held he shoulders walking up the stairs towards his father's office, "oh no no no" She muttered, "yes yes yes" Rafe smiled slowly taking her into his fathers office to meet him. "Kayla!" Ward cheered, "finally got to speak to you" He smiled, " you've really got my Rafe head over heels for you, huh?" He laughed. "It goes both ways" Kayla smiled. 

"I knew your parents once kayla, they were amazing people. I could never replace them but I'll be here for you"

Ward spotted Kayla with Rafe, he smirked "should i be expecting some grandbabies soon? no too fast? yeahh too fast" Ward spoke to himself. "Dad, yeah i think you just meant to ask her how she was doing or something" Rafe said slighty embarrassed scrunching his eyebrows. "I just wanted to say welcome to the Cameron household again. My son is lucky to have you and hopefully in a few years you will be here with us. damn it. too fast again. I'm sorry i'm just so happy to see Rafe with someone who he loves so much" He laughed. 

"I'm so glad to have another older sister figure for Wheezie, you fit in our family so well Kayla"

end of multiple flashbacks

Kayla ran for her life not really sure where she was going, she tried to find Rafe in the cameron house but soon found out he wasn't there and as instinct she ran to the chateau to get her phone hoping she could contact him through that. Not noticing JJ following her right behind throughout she ran thrashed the chateau searching for her phone. 

"Kayla what are you doing?" JJ asked her and she didn't reply, finally finding the phone she took it to her hands and pushed her hair behind her ear searching for his contact. "Kayla where are you planning on going right now?" JJ raised his voice, "I need to see Rafe" she said and JJ laughed in disbelief. "Rafe really?" "His father just blew himself up JJ, Somebody has to be with him right now" Kayla raised her voice right back at him. "that someone doesn't have to be you" 

"who else would it be JJ? did you not see what just happened? His father died. he died!" Kayla now yelled, "so what about it Ward was a bad man" JJ yelled right back knowing this is going to cause a huge fight between the two of them. "ward was his father!" She yelled back. 

"My father was a bad man, I lost him. I'm dealing with it, Rafe can sure as hell do the same too!" Kayla paced up and down while he spoke, "His father was a bad man but he loved his son, he did everything for his children! I'm not going to sit back like John B and watch Sarah and Rafe go through that" Kayla said all in one breath. 

"Atleast  John B is dating Sarah, you have no reason to go back to Rafe Kayla!" JJ said sounding more like pleading. Hands gestures, Yells and screams and tears falling all over. "Rafe needs someone to be there for him while he grieves JJ" Kayla's voice slowly toning down. "Rafe is sarah's brother" She added, "Rafe is a murderer!" JJ yelled once again pacing the conversation to a higher note. 

"Oh my God" Kayla looked up laughing in annoyance, "You think I didn't notice you missing in the bed at 3.30 in the morning that day Kayla? I did but I kept quiet so I could keep you. because i knew you loved me." He yelled, "What happened to no more secrets!" He screamed. "No...I didn't do anything wrong. JJ I still love you" she cried. "And then don't get me started on how magically John B gets your cap from Rafe the same one you  had till so recently, found all the way in the Bahamas" He screamed. 

"JJ" Kayla said knowing all of those were her fault, "oh now you're quiet?" He laughed, "JJ I love you and you know that! I'm not going back to Rafe because I want to be with him. I'm going back because I want to help him" her glossy eyes not holding in the tears anymore but endlessly dripping down her face. "JJ i only love you!" She cried. 

"Then don't go!" He yelled taking the argument in circles over and over again. "it's not that easy" Kayla yelled. "why? why? Is it cause you're still in love with him. huh" He walked closer to her. "why is it somehow always my fault!" Kayla held her head which was throbbing with the pressure of the situation "why do I always see you eyeing kie, huh? jealous when she's with pope" 

"what the fuck?" JJ laughed, "are you psycho? is Rafe really rubbing off on you that much" He screamed. "Oh so I'm psycho for assuming you're in love with kie but you get to assume i love Rafe when I don't!" She rasied her voice so much

"Kie is our best friend Kayla, Rafe is a murderer." He hit the wall that was next to him causing Kayla to flinch, "But.... I still love you I'm just going to be there for him while he grieves. That's it" She lowered her voice as it broke tired of yelling. 

"If you go to Rafe, you and I are done" He said quietly but loud enough for her to hear, "No no no no  no JJ" she said going up to him and holding his hand begging him to not give her an ultimatum, it was asking her to choose. 

"you goddamn heard me kayla!" He screamed pushing her hands back as she pleaded. "If you leave now, You and I are over? we are done" he looked into her teary eyes. "It's taking you so damn long to chose between him or me?" He laughed. "But you're not asking me to choose between y'all! you're asking me to give up being a good person or give you  up!" She yelled but he didn't respond.

She sniffled realizing she was going to make the wrong decision but she needed to be there for Rafe as a good person and maybe JJ might never love her again but she made the impulse decision, "I guess this is goodbye" Her voice broke as she left the chateau

Did I just kill Jayla?