12 → i heart mexico

Start from the beginning

Liam was the first to reach the back door, and he opened the door, allowing Emma to walk in first. She could hear Stiles' voice upstairs talking to Malia. Emma looked around the house that seemed always to be grounded zero for the pack. Liam walked past her and leaned against the wooden table; Emma stood next to him as they waited for the couple to return downstairs.

Emma's ears caught on to the thumping of feet going down the wooden stairs, Emma could feel her heart drop. It was the moment of truth, whether or not they had to lie to their mom or not about spending the night at Mason's house.

"Oh! Liam, Emma, go home," Stiles said as he threw his hands up; Emma pouted her lip out. SHe at least expected a hello before they were kicking them out. Liam stood up straight, and Emma followed her brother's lead; believe it or not, he was the better talker out of the two. "You're not coming with us."

"Why not?" Liam questioned, his tone full of annoyance. Stiles and Malia walked past them. Emma followed his moments till he stopped to ramble on.

"Because it's a full moon, and I don't feel like driving down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out," Stiles ranted. Emma crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well, me either -- you're leaving me alone with him. I've only been through one full moon Stiles. And I spent most of making sure everyone wasn't ruining Lydia's lake house," Emma replied. Her voice sounded a little annoyed. She felt it, but she didn't want it to come across that way. Everyone in their friend group was stressed. Emma wished to seem calm and cool, so nothing else was added to the stress. Emma, however, failed at that because she was not very good at hiding her emotions.

Stiles bit his lip and placed his hands on his hips, "I didn't think about that," Stiles stated, Emma quirked an eyebrow up at him. Malia looked over to Stiles for an answer. "We can't leave Emma alone with Liam," Stiles whispered to Malia.

"So . . . You can lock me up, right? Chain me down to the back seat or something?" Liam suggested; Stiles looked back over to the Beta as Malia answered Liam's question.

"You tore through the last chains, remember?" Malia reminded him. Emma looked over to her brother. Emma was there to witness that, and it was pretty traumatizing for her. He didn't just tear through the chains -- he busted through them. Like the chains were practically just string, and then jumped through a window like it was nothing.

"Yeah, we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there," Stiles said, referencing the Star Wars movie franchise. Emma had binge-watched all the movies one weekend when she was sick.

"Okay, then where do we get carbonite?" Liam quizzed, Stiles' eyes narrowed at the Beta. Malia looked at her boyfriend for answers.

"Seriously, you haven't seen it either?" Stiles replied, his tone full of disappointment as he shook his head. His hands still on his hips looking like a mom scolding her child. Emma wasn't aware that Stiles was a big Star Wars fan. She had never heard him talk about it before. At least Emma knew now, so she can make him Star Wars treats.

"It's from the Star Wars movies, Liam," Emma pointed out, Liam's jaw slacked a little in realization. His face drooped as his efforts to get the twins to Mexico were failing slightly.

Stiles whipped his head up, and his eyes had found a sparkle. "Emma, I knew you were my favorite or a reason -- come here" Stiles opened his arms wide. Emma furrowed her eyebrows as she looked over to her brother and then to Malia. Emma didn't want to hug someone's boyfriend unless they were okay with it. Malia shrugged her shoulder, and Emma walked up to Stiles awkwardly.

"So can we go?" Emma asked Stiles; he patted the top of her head a couple of times before letting her go. Emma took a few steps back until she was standing next to her brother.