Chapter 1

As soon as I open the door, it is pouring down on me. Huge raindrops are splashing on my head and are running coldly down my neck. I try to cover my whole head in my scarf. What a nice first schoolday here in Callington. I am looking down the street, wondering which way I have to go. Actually, it doesn't matter if I will arrive punctual, I don't want to go to school anyway. Sighingly I jump down the stairs and decide to take the way that leads into the city. I try not to slip while walking over the wet tar.

Finally, I can spot the downtown on the horizon. I speed up and then stop next to a group of students, who seem to be around 17 years old like me. I am standing in the swarming of teenagers for half an eternity and listen to different conversations. Finally, the traffic light turns green. I am passing the street, when suddenly someone hits me and I fall hardly on the ground. "Why is it so freaking slippery?", I whisper. Shortly afterwards, a hand appears that is obviously masculine. My eyes wander up and notice a tattoo that peaks out lightly under a white shirtsleeve. I look upwards baffled and find myself staring into a pair of emerald eyes, which is framed by metal-rimmed glasses. Ha, this could be Harry Styles, I notice, but obviously this is impossible. "Sorry", the guy who belongs to the pair of eyes says, "Did you get hurt?" Only then realize he is talking to me. I take his hand to get up and inspect him very well. Well, he's a nerd. "No, everything's fine." Actually, that's a lie. My whole body is hurting. "Are you sure?", he asks again. "Yes." He darts an apologizing glance at me. I sink into his eyes again, but then decide rather to follow the other students. A nerd with a tattoo...I am thinking about this guy for a long time until I plug my headphones in my ears. I play a song by One Direction to clear my head at least a little bit.