Chapter Eighteen

"Michael I need to know if this is you."
The voice on the other end breathed heavily into the phone. "Hello Jordan."
Against my better judgement I made a deal with the devil. I agreed to meet Michael to talk to him about getting partial custody of Henry. This is far from what I wanted but I had to put an end to this madness. Maybe Im being stupid about this but what other option did I have. On one hand I could let Intelligence find him but who knows how long that could take. Michael was good at hiding until he wanted to be found. The other hand was I deal with this myself.

Elena and Tommy came over that afternoon. I asked them if they could take Henry and the dogs for a day or two. Elena was suspicious of my intentions but she didn't pry. Henry would be safe with them as long as they wasn't in the Chicago. The details I gave them to them was strictly need to know. The less they knew the better. We spent that afternoon together before they left. Elena kept giving me the side eye as I packed Henry's bags. "Please don't ask, just do this for me." I repeated over and over to Elena. Knowing Elena as soon as she leaves she will make a phone call to Intelligence, but by that time I'll be making my way to end this with Michael.
Once they drove away I ran into my bed and pulled out my old tote from the army. I grabbed my Glock 26 pistol and my Smith and Wesson Revolver I loaded each gun then put the Glock 26 behind my back and pulled my shirt over it. I put my revolver in my boot. I felt like I was preparing to go to war again. My heart raced, I could feel the electricity.

Michael sent me the location of where to meet. Instantly I parked and looked up the address. "Of course it's a warehouse." I muttered. My phone started to ring. It was Erin. "Hey Erin. What's up?"
"I was just seeing what you were up too. Figured we could grab some food and catch." She replied. "I would love to but I have to do this thing." I told her. "I could come with you."
"Maybe next time. I have to do this on my own." I said then hung up the phone. Now if I know my good  friend Elena like I think I do, then I know she told already. If I know Erin and Dad then I know they just pinged my phone and got my location. I hoped out of my car and walked into this coffee shop. There was a camera across the street, I looked directly at it then walked in. I ordered my coffee then slid a piece of paper to the cashier. "This is odd but I need you to do me a favor." I told her then left. The note I left with the cashier stated that some cops will come thru asking questions sooner or later.

I pulled into the warehouse parking lot. My heart thumped inside my chest and my hands begin to sweat. "What am I doing?" I thought. I took a sip of my cold coffee. I was more focused on Michael that I completely forgot about my coffee. For a moment I almost turned around but a little voice told me to go in. "We all do stupid things right?" I reached in my glove box and found my bottle of Tequila. I took a swing of it. "Here goes nothing." I said. I tossed my phone in the glovebox. My body started to feel weird.   I took another sip of my coffee. My vision started playing games on me. I was seeing double. My eyes got heavy I could keep them open any longer.

Someone tapped on my face, "wake up!" My vision was a little blurry. Two people was standing in front of me but I could only make out one of them. I rubbed my eyes and stared. "Michael..what..did you..do" I softly said. As I tried to sit up I felt my hand being held against something. He handcuffed me. "It's nice to see you again Jordan. I must say you have some beautiful eyes." He smirked. "Uncuff me Michael." I snarled. He laughed. He laughed so hard that he cried. "I don't recall me saying anything funny you idiot." I spit out. His hand came across my face. I felt the blood tremble down my lip. "Is that all you got?" I asked. Very stupid of me to ask that. He grabbed an iron rod from a burning barrel. "This won't hurt a bit." He grinned as he stuck the rod into my leg. I cried out in pain. It hurt so bad. "Hey babe, bring me that needle on the table over there." Michael said to the girl. I looked at the girl. "Damn it." I mumbled. "You are the girl from the coffee shop." I said. "Why yes I am?"she said with her stupid southern accent. She brought the needle to Micheal. He took the needle and drew what I assume was a drug. I started to kick at him as he tried to stick the needle in my arm. "No dont!" I screamed. "Help! Someone help!" I screamed to the top of my lungs. They laughed at me. Michael held me down and stuck the needle in my arm.

When I woke up I was alone, Michael nor the girl was around. My leg felt like it was on fire. I made a hole in my jeans and picked at the pieces that was melted in. The pain was unbearable but believe it or not, I have been through worse. Michael had nothing on the jerks overseas. I looked around to see if there was any escape routes. If I could free myself I could make a run for it then strategize my plan of revenge. No windows and no doors. My only hope at this point was if I didn't free myself that my dad and Intelligence would find me. My last option was dying.