31: cassidy

I frown looking at Maddox who doesn't look to pleased either. "Do we have to do this?" I ask, motioning to the dress I'm wearing and the dress shirt Maddox had to wear.

He places his hands on my hips to pull me close, "Yes, we do have to do this."

"I'm not going to speak." My unhappiness is plastered on my face as I stare at the television set I have no interest of stepping onto.

Maddox kisses me gently, "I love you."

It's enough to make me smile because I still haven't gotten used to hearing him say it. "I love you too."

And then we're being ushered into the spotlight, and Maddox guides me to a seat on the sofa next to him.

"Hey guys! Welcome back to my segment where we catch up on the latest gossip. Today we have two special guests with us," Lesli Arnolds states motioning towards me and Maddox.

I nod politely, and let Maddox take the lead on this. "Thanks Lesli for having us. Cass and I have made a lot of public appearances together, but I guess we've never officially confirmed our relationship."

So we have to confirm our relationship on television for it to count? I try to keep my face neutral, but I can already feel the frown pulling at the corners of my mouth.

She coos happily, "That's okay dear. Thanks for choosing us as the ones to do it. I do have some questions though."

Maddox rests a hand on my knee, running his thumb back and forth. "Ask away."

"How long have you two been together?" She asks, starting off with an easy one.

"Six months?" He looks at me to confirm, and I shake my head.

"Six months in two weeks."

I can see the hint of success in his eyes at getting me to speak, "How did you two meet?"

Maddox is clearly debating on if he tells the real story or not. "I might have caused Cass to spill a glass of wine on her dress. I tried wooing her after that, and boy did Cassidy give me a run for my money. It seemed like if I even tried to flirt she would excuse herself and disappear."

Lesli seems shocked, "You ran from such a handsome face?"

"Looks aren't everything," I remind her which is clearly something she's forgotten based on the amount of makeup she's wearing. Probably not the best thing I could have said so I continue, "But he wore me down and eventually I agreed to have dinner with him."

"And now here we are." Maddox says, trying to keep the tone light. He's much better at this than I am.

"Here we are," She smiles brilliantly. "You two look good together. I'd almost think you're siblings if I didn't know better from the blue eyes and blonde hair."

"Definitely not siblings," I confirm, shaking my head again.

Maddox gives me a funny look, "That would be really weird."

I resist the urge to laugh as Lesli asks her next question, "Speaking of siblings, you were caught by paparazzi hugging Maddox's brother? It made it appear as if something was going on there?"

"Absolutely not. Dean is probably one of my best friends. I've never looked at him as anything other than a friend." I know how the pictures make it look, but it's not even a possibility.

He squeezes my knee supportively as she continues, "But has he looked at you as anything other than a friend? I don't think many of my friends would attack a photographer and break their camera for me."