Chapter 3: The Truth

Martha's POV: I was taking inventory when a man in a white and black suit crashed through the window and wasn't moving

Martha's POV:
I was taking inventory when a man in a white and black suit crashed through the window and wasn't moving. "Hey, what happened?" Curt asked as he and Yang ran over and saw the man as well, "Daniel!" Yang shouted, "This is Daniel? What happened to him?" I asked, "Long story sweetheart. Right now, let's get Daniel to his room." Curt said as he and Yang carried Daniel to his room. I followed and saw the white and black suit enter his body, "What kind of suit is that?" I asked, "It's a symbiote that's bonded with Daniel on a cellular level." Curt said and he and Yang laid Daniel down on his bed and he seemed alright. I put my hand on his forehead and he didn't have a fever at all, "He doesn't have a fever. What could have happened?" I asked and then a white ooze appeared from Daniels left arm and a face appeared, "We are Anti-Venom. Your stepson is not ill, he had a painful forced flashback to an old memory he forgot about." Anti-Venom said. "What caused the flashback?" Curt asked, "A woman with red hair with the same symbol as the one on Daniel's necklace. The Avenger known as, Black Widow. She claims to be an old friend of Daniel's mother, Mina Draco." Anti-Venom said.

Doc Connor's POV:
I left the room to make a call, "Hello?" a voice said, "It's me, you need to get to my lab. He needs to know the truth. About what really happened to his parents the day they died." I said, "Look, I told you. They never wanted Daniel to be involved in their work, that means keeping myself distant from my nephew as well." She said, "Look, Natasha, I don't know if it's my place to tell you, but he's already apart of it. Anti-Venom, the man behind the mask is your nephew." I said, "No, that's impossible. Daniel showed no signs of having powers." Natasha said, "I know that the suit he's wearing, it's actually a living being that's bonded to him on a cellular level. There's no way to remove the being without harming Daniel." I said. There was silence on the other end for a few minutes, "I'll be there as soon as I can." Natasha said as she hung up and I put my phone away. I then saw Carol walk in, "Where's Daniel?" she asked, "In his room, also I had to call someone from his past. Natasha Romanoff is his aunt." I said and Carol went wide eyed, "You called Natasha? You know how Daniel feels about the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D." Carol said, "I know, but the forced flashback changed things, he needs to learn the truth about the accident five years ago." I said, "What truth?" Carol asked. He then told me about what actually happened and that there was no drunk driver, the one responsible was Zeo, Yang's father. He pretended to be drunk and faked being guilty in order to adopt Daniel and I already knew what happened after that point. "So, Natasha was in charge of the investigation, and you helped find out that Zeo was the one who was responsible?" Carol asked, "Yes. Look, once Natasha gets here, she and Daniel will need some time to talk." I said as I started walking back to Daniel's room only to see Daniel standing in front of me, "You called the Avengers? I trusted you Doc!" Daniel yelled and glared at me, "I didn't have a choice, I only contacted Natasha. You want to know why you had a forced flashback don't you?" I asked.

Daniel's POV:
When Doc said that I looked down and took a deep breath, "What does Black Widow have to do with my past and the flashback?" I asked, "More than you know. It's time you knew the truth about the accident that killed your parents." Doc said and I froze up again. Carol walked over to me and put her hand on mine, and I felt myself shaking, 'Daniel, calm your mind.' Anti said, "Daniel look at me." Carol said and I looked at her and felt myself calm down. I took deep breathes and felt myself calm down even more. "I'm good, I'm good." I said as we went back to my room and Yang and Martha were already gone. I sensed something in the corner and created my handgun from a part of Anti-Venom that covered my left arm, "Come out, you can't hide from me." I said. Then out of the shadows was none other than Black Widow herself. "How'd you get in here?" I asked as I put my gun away and Anti-Venom returned to my body, "Dr. Connors contacted me, he was right, you are Anti-Venom." Black Widow said, "That wasn't his secret to tell." I said, "I know, but I also know how you feel about both S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers. I didn't tell the other Avengers about you." Black Widow said, 'She's telling the truth.' Anti-Venom told me. I looked at Black Widow and grabbed my mother's necklace, "Why do you have the same symbol as my mother's necklace?" I asked, "Your mother and I trained together. We were like sisters. When she left S.H.I.E.L.D. it was because she was pregnant with you. Your father was a scientist for S.H.I.E.L.D. but he worked here with Dr. Connors. I was at your first birthday twenty years ago. Mina invited me to it and when I saw you, you were so small, now look at you. Grown up and very handsome like your father." Black Widow said, "Doc said something about what really happened five years ago. What did he mean?" I asked, "There was no drunk driver. It was your foster father. He was an employee here and worked under your father. Zeo was jealous of your father and believed that he deserved Mina and everything that your father had. He had Sunny and they had Yang a few months later. After that he and Sunny waited for the right time to get rid of your parents. Zeo pretended to be drunk and swerved his car to make it seem like he was drunk. I was on the road when it happened and once, I got there, I was too late, you were taken to the orphanage and adopted by Zeo and Sunny. I tried to get you away from them, but I knew that I couldn't break the law and risk my security clearance with S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm terribly sorry for not saving your parents that day." Black Widow said, I went wide eyed at the name of my foster father, "Zeo, he murdered my parents?" I asked, "I'm still trying to figure it out. But all signs point to it." Black Widow said. I walked over to the wall and punched it causing another hole to be made, "He'll pay." I said as Anti-Venom formed around me and we jumped out the window.