❄Ch. 18: Stitches Part II❄

Mulai dari awal

"Well, we've been managing for the most part," she sighed, thinking about the workload that the other sidekicks and her have had to deal with in the pro's absence. "Though I'll warn you now, you've got a lot of people in line looking to get an interview as usual."

"It's to be expected, people wanna know the reason why I've been hospitalized," he explained, his gold-brown orbs looking past her towards the window outside. "We gotta keep quiet about it now though, can't let the public know that walking nightmare exists."

"Yeah, people would panic..." she answered, feeling more uneasy at the mention of the Silencer.

"Oh yeah, your birthday's coming up in a few days huh?" he asked her between bites as he began to dig into his tub of fried chicken once again. "Hopefully I'll be outta here soon so we can celebrate. Turning 21 is a pretty big deal."

Oh yeah, my birthday... I completely forgot about it with everything that's been going on...

"There isn't going to be any kind of celebrating Keigo..." she began hesitantly, biting her lower lip as she prepared herself for what she was to say next.

"What do you mean?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow at her. "If I don't get out before then, then we'll just go out someplace else another day."

Just get this over with (Y/N). You'll make it worse if you keep prolonging it.

"I mean we're through-we're done," she continued as she struggled to get the last words out. "It's over."

Never in a million years did I think these words would ever be leaving my mouth...

"So that's what you wanted to bring up the other day... I don't understand though," he frowned, setting his food down onto the side table. "Why out of the blue?"

The pained expression on his face caused the already immense guilt (Y/N) felt to grow even further. It was a rare sight to see him like this as nothing hardly ever broke his calm and collected persona. She could have sworn she saw tears at the edge of his eyes.

"Was it something I did or said (Y/N)?" he asked, gripping the bed sheets in front of him tightly.

(Y/N)'s mind raced to find a proper answer but she turned up empty because she never wanted any of this to begin with. As much as it hurt her, she had gotten herself into this mess in the first place so she was going to have to suck it up and face the consequences.

"No, no, of course not... I just think our relationship has been getting in the way of hero work and-" was all she was able to get out before the blonde cut in.

"That's a lie and you know it," he uttered out quietly as he tried to meet her eyes but she immediately looked away.

"Look-I'm sorry... I-I just can't," she stammered, quickly getting up from her chair and heading over to the door. "I need to get back to the agency."

Before (Y/N) could exit the room though, Keigo grabbed a hold of her arm but she just yanked it out of his grasp.

"Please... don't make this any harder than it needs to be Keigo..." she forced out those last words before walking into the hall and rushing out of the building before anyone could notice the tears that were welling up in her eyes.

Upon her return to the agency, (Y/N) was surprised to find her old patrol partner standing in the lobby. She quickly rubbed her eyes on her long-sleeve more, hoping that no one would notice how red and puffy they were.

"Burnin!" she called as she walked over to the flaming green-haired woman.

"Frostbite, long time no see!" she greeted (Y/N) with a smile, her pointy teeth flashing.

"What's with the unexpected visit? Oh..." she questioned before she realized why they were here.

Sitting at the center of the lobby was none other than her little brother Shoto along with his two classmates Midoriya and Bakugou who she had met at their family dinner a while back.

"Endeavor asked me to drop them off here for today," Burnin explained, noticing the confusion on her face.

"I thought Hero Work-Studies was over with already," she pointed out, turning to face the sidekick again.

"Yeah well Endeavor thought they could get some last-minute training from you actually," she replied as she checked the time on the lobby clock.

"Well, I should get going! Good luck!" she told (Y/N) before walking out the front doors, leaving her to deal with the three young students.

Of course, he'd go and do this without saying anything beforehand...

Shoto got up from his seat first as he headed over to greet her. "(Y/N), it's good to see you again."

"Hey Shoto, it's good to see you too," she responded, trying her best to muster up a smile.

"Did something else happen?" he questioned as his own smile changed into a look of concern.

"Nah it's nothing, my eyes are just watery from lack of sleep," she laughed before approaching the other two boys. "You guys ready to head out on patrol?"

"Yes! I'm so excited to be training under you for the day! It's such an honor! Oh, you cut your hair! It looks great!" the green-haired boy complimented her as he got up from his seat.

Oh if he only knew the real reason behind this haircut.

"Quit being a kiss ass Deku!" the spiky ash-blonde shouted before focusing his red eyes on her. "Whatever you got in store for us, I'm ready."

Someone sure is confident.

"Thank you Midoriya, I'm also excited to be working with you all today," she answered him before addressing the entire trio, hands on her hips. "Alright then, time to show me what you guys got."

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

A/N: If any of y'all need a laugh, look up the chicken strips vine. The one where the dude yells chicken strips. Idk I just thought of it while writing this chapter and couldn't stop laughing. I needed it though. It hurt to type some of this. Also, keep an eye out for a surprise at the very end of this month. Thank you for your continued support as well, see you in the next chapter, take care! ^-^

10/7/20