c h a p t e r 34: Confession

Start from the beginning

"I didn't ask to be here, you brought it up."

"I know, but I'm just saying."

A few minutes later, after talking about lots of random things whilst he cooked, he finishes and brings the bowl of hot noodles, placing it in front of me, on the dining table. I don't wait for him to draw out a dining chair and sit opposite me before I start to devour the innocent noodles.

I'm done eating and although I'm not full, I feel better than before

I'm done eating and although I'm not full, I feel better than before. We're currently at the terrace because I'd suggested we see the city directly because the big, glass windows were like condoms to our eyes, and now, standing outside with the gentle wind caressing my exposed skin and making strands of my hair fly around in my face whilst we watch the city, is a sight to uphold. I'm glad I agreed to come here.

There's a half-empty bottle of red wine resting at the top of the balcony railing, and a wine glass each, in our hold. We take small sips from our glasses and barely say anything to each other. Him just breathing in my ears, stealing glances at me, and....nothing else.

I hear him exhale deeply, and I turn to look at him.

"You were right," He says.

I crease my brows, confused. "About?"

"About what you said in the elevator. My heart was racing so fast, walahi I couldn't hear a thing for three seconds straight,"

Now, my heart is racing. "I said a lot of things in the elevator, which one are you on about, Zayyad,"

"Gimme your hand," He softly requests with a small smile, when I hesitate—because the thought of where this talk is heading is making my nervous system go into a frenzy—he takes my glass, places it on top of the railing alongside his, and take my hands in his.

With my hands in his, it feels like we're getting married but this time there's no priest to bless the union, just the Holy Spirit and moon, his eyes are glued to mine and the moment he gives his lips a quick lick, my insides melt like ice-cream in the sun. "I like you,"

"I know that,"

"I know you know, but it's more than that," He mutters an inaudible swear word, before continuing, "I lost the ability to control these feelings of mine and it hurt like hell these past weeks, and even now, I don't know how to say this to you without sounding like a liar." He moves closer to me and my heart is slamming so hard it could make a hole in my chest and run out.

His beautiful eyes are watching me. "Damn! Damn!" He whisper-yells, struggling with other words that I can barely hear, "I want to kiss you. Can I kiss you, Beverly? Now," My knees go weak at how tender his voice comes out and I feel myself almost lose the balance of my stance.

"Yes," I faintly say because, for reasons known to the universe, it feels like my lips can't say words anymore.

Before I can blink, he cups my cheeks in his hand and slams his lips on mine, nearly knocking all wind from my lungs, unlike his gentle kisses, this one is sloppy with the strong scent of old wine being exchanged in the mix of our billowing breaths. My arms reach up and tangle around his neck. It still isn't clear if I'm dreaming but there is raw emotion in the way one of his hands leaves my face and grabs my waist, holding me gently, yet combative. About ten seconds later and I sneak a guilty peek at him, just to make sure I'm not making this moment up in my head, when I'm sure it's real and I'm not making this up, my brain explodes.

Desire starts to twist inside me as my core moisten and I immediately try to pull away before it escalates and I fuck him on this terrace. "No," He objects, bringing my lips back to his, travelling his hand up my back until he reaches the nape of my neck and softly curls his fingers around it, I arch up into his chest, moaning in the contact of body heat against my own.

I feel fireworks in my head like it's a new year and it's the first time I am kissing him. I'm sure the universe roots for this moment because every breath I take smells rich and for the first time since I'd known myself, I am not overthinking or feeling some kind of way. If anything, the thought of girls who will die to be me right now, makes my head swell.

Girls will kill to be me right fuckin' now!

Girls?

Zayyad hurts girls. That boy's just not serious with anything. I hear Seun's voice in my head and immediately I go numb and break the kiss. "Stop," I mutter, gathering the overflowing part of my dress in my hand and quickly trying to walk away from him, but he gently grabs my arm and pulls me back to him, worry twirling in his eyes as he looks at me. "What's wrong?"

"I... I... we... this is stupid, Zayyad."

"No. I'm in love with you, Eniola. I've fallen... hard."

——

There's more to tonight! I can't believe we're at this bridge already!! Tonight determines if  Zayley sails or sinks!! Let's hope it sails because I'll be heartbroken if it doesn't.

Also, if you're not following me on wattpad, follow me now.

VOTE. COMMENT. RECOMMEND. This book is getting juicy and if you have friends on wattpad who you haven't told about this book, then you're mean.

RECCOMMEND!!!! And VOTEEE!!!!!!