c h a p t e r 19: #FuckJackson

You guys, the comments in the previous chapter had me dying 😂😂 Two crazy people literally suggested Benz and Bead as ship names 😂😂😂 I love you guys. Keep the comments coming in.

Excuse any typo, I was tired of proofreading.

Dedicated to: thatgirrlella for being an active reader and commenter, lots of love from me💕

-
Beverly

It's Ade.

Tall, dark-skinned, lanky, shady Ade. He's one of many people I dislike but since he is friends with my ex, it was okay that I tried to be an acquaintance of his—whilst in the relationship. He is that kind of friend that says a lot of shitty things behind your back but smiles in your face, and such people are worse than a desert snake, but you know when you're dealing with people like this, you have to act a fool, just like the quote says: 'sometimes you have to act a fool to fool the fool'

"Beverly, what's up? What are you doing here? I haven't seen you in forever," He smiles, a crooked, fake one that makes me feel unsafe.

"Good, good. How are you?"

"I'm good, too. Are you here alone or you came with your boyfriend?"

What kind of stupid question is this?

"Jackson and I are not together," I say, forcing a smile, communicating through loud music is stressful and I need to dead this conversation so I can go back to having fun.

"Really? What happened?"

This motherf–beep. "He's your friend, why don't you ask him?" I shun.

There's no way Ade of all people doesn't know about the fall out between his friend and I, he and Jackson are practically brothers, so this conversation he's trying to engage in is bullshit at its finest.

"You this Ade boy," Idia jumps in, "don't you know that your stupid friend put his hands on her? Are you fuckin' dumb, or your nose is just too big it's now barricading your brain? You shouldn't be seen twenty feet near us, so move the fuck away and go tell your stupid friend to check into the psychiatric hospital because he's mad!" Idia fires, surprising me. Positively.

Ade dryly laughs. "Wetin Musa no go see for gate, even Idia with no validation wants to speak when elite people like myself are speaking?" [Wonders are never gonna end]

"Hmm..." She pretends to be in deep thoughts before saying, "We'll see how elite you and your friend are when this..." She shoves my hair out the way, putting the bruise—although a little faded— in display, "...hits the law court of justice Asemota,"

I see fear strike in Ade's eyes when Idia mentions her dad's name, but instead of retreating, he scoffs before saying: "Cheap bitches,"

My eyes twitch with anger and before I can retort, Idia beats me to it. "It is your mom alongside your escort of a sister that are cheap bitches. Ade, don't freakin' push me, you'll hate me more than you already do," She cautions, wagging her index finger at him whilst her voice comes out like venom.

Ade clenches his jaw and looks at us thoroughly before storming off, not failing to take his dark aura with him.

I begin to navigate in another direction, and when Idia asks me what's wrong I simply tell her I'm going to the bathroom. I just want to go sit with Zayyad and feel safe.