Mining and crafting

Me and Penlope fell through a hole in the roof as we landed in a small tunnel. "Clover" I said in my tactical visor as it extended into a small screen over my left eye

"Copy" clover said "Me and Penlope just arrived. We are in a small tunnel, moving west I believe" "ok, we just got here as well. Keep an eye out for any Grimm that may have moved in besides the geist. We all converge and regroup in the center mining room"

My miniature display folds back against my ear as I stand up and stretch.

"You know boss, I've been in atlas ever since Ironwood fixed me up. It's a nice place, at least it was"

I nod "Ironwood has done jack shit for mantle. Sometimes I would just go down there and relax."

Penelope shrugged "I mean I won't say he isn't helping but, his heart seems to be in the right place"

I sigh "Yea whatever" I say as we walk through the tunnel. "Keep sharp, could be grimm at any corner"

Penelope held her war pike over her shoulder as she walked. I heard slight mechanical noises as she walked, but they were very quiet.

I heard rumbles ahead. "Think it's the geist?" Penelope asked "Could be. Stay sharp" I pulled my guns from my holsters as I walked. Keeping them up and ready for use.

As we walked we found the exit of the s.all tunnel. Stepping out we were in a large room. "ITS GETTING AWAY!" marrow shouted "STOP IT!" Jaune called as I looked around "they sound...very close" I said as Penelope tapped my shoulder ",hm?"

She pointed up as I looked up. Suddenly the geist crashed through the roof causing rubble to fall. Many purple shards of highly potent dust went everywhere.

"PENELOPE! FETCH!" I shout as she nods and rushes in. Her now robotic fox wars folding up at attention as she jumped, due to her cybernetic legs she got extra jump height as she grabbed a shard and landed "Got it!" She said with a smile as she held it up.

Another shard went astray heading to a small pile of dust. "YO YOUR MISSING ONE!" I shout as I jump and use my grapple. I started feeling towards the wall as I held my right hand out. Grabbing the dust as I landed on the wall

My grapple acted as an anchor as I stood up sideways on the wall. "Got it!" I say as everyone catches their own shards.

"Ruby!" I call up to her as she was on a platform above me "yes?!" "Ou stay still, lemme show you my new upgrades in action"

She giggled as she quickly looked up and ran. Catching her own shard. Harriet did the same.

"Clover!" I call as he catches his own shard and tossed it to qrow "You kids ready for action?"

I jumped down from my grapple and landed on the ground. Stretching as I drew my sword. Penelope landed beside me.

We both smiled as we got into poses.

Penelope and I were back to back. Penelope held her left hand near her face as I finger gunned the geist with a smirk "hey" I said "yea?" "Can that new body if yours channel lightning dust?"

She nodded "mhm" I smirked *DUAL HEAT ATTACK* "everyone! Set the grim up! Me and Penelope can finish it off!" I look at clover as he shrugs "Alright team! Get CPPR into position!"

---

Harriet started by dashing towards the Grimm, circling around it as she caught it's attention. Marrow then took his turn as he threw his boomerang at it as it ricocheted off the grimm as it turned towards him.

Yang and blake went next as they attacked in sync, both knocking it off balance with their attacks.

Nira and ren were next l, Nora smacked it's arm as she knocked it off and ren fired at it keeping it pressured,

Jaune and Ruby went next, jaune pushing it to the ground with his sword as Ruby dashed behind it and fired at its back.

Elm, weiss and Vine were next, elm destroyed it's other arm with her hammer as vine grabbed ahold of the grimm with his semblence as Weiss froze it in place, leaving it's upper body and face wide open.

Clover nodded to me as me and Penelope started taking a deep breath.

Electricity rose up from Penelope's legs as she channeled it through her hands and I coated my own arms with lightning using dust.

We both stood side by side as clover shouted "Now!" Both me and Penlope opened our eyes and ran towards the Grimm as our arms glowed yellow with lightning

"SENDO HAMON OVERDRIVE!" We both yelled as we punched the Grimm's face.

The lightning forced it out from the stone. It tried to fly away but I smirked "Where are you off to?" I pulled my gun from it's holster as I spun it in my hand for a moment "Checkmate" I said as I pointed my gun forward and pulled the trigger.

---

We all regrouped back in an airship as we lifted off from the mine. "That was an impressive team up" Clover said "Impressive?" I ask as Penelope hopped into my back "Poppy may have been (y/n)'s partner back in beacon but I'm still a member of Team CPPR and I have my leaders back"

I shake my head "Your a huntress now Penelope, I'm not your leader anymore" she kissed my cheek "Then I've got my friends back" I smile "that's better"

Ruby walked over "Where did you learn that?" I let Penelope go as she hopped off .y back "I don't know. Back in beacon we had written down all kinds of tag team attacks. But poppy never wanted to do any and Rachel was never with us. So it was just me and Penelope"

Ruby nodded "We should practice a few" "Dual heat attacks? Hell yea" I say Clover gets on the Radio "This is Clover of the ace ops, mission is complete we are coming home"

I look over and see the city of Mantle coming into view "God it really is good to be home" I say as Weiss walks up to me and outs her arm on my shoulder.

"I agree" then Penelope tapped my shoulder "Hey boss" "yea?" I ask "can we get some food?" I shrug "I know a nice place in mantle we could all visit"

Yang looked at me "What is it?" I smirked "A little place called Trost"

*To Be Continued...*