Chapter 8

In the evening, while Snufkin was taking a walk in the nature, he spotted the Park Keepers park. There were a lot more signs than he had seen the first time he trespassed the park.  He didn't want to get into trouble more, so he had a different plan. 

He wanted to do it with Moomintroll, but Moomintroll had a fever and gotten sick, so he decided to do it with Joxter.

While he was walking back, he was lucky, and encountered Joxter. 

"Well, it seems we keep seeing each other more often. I think that's a good sign." Joxter chuckled.

"I suppose so." Snufkin replied. "I have a little issue and I was wondering if you can help me with it."

"Helping my son?!" Joxter exclaimed. "I'd do anything for that."

"Well, it's about the Park Keeper. I'm not sure you know about him much."

"The Park Keeper? Oh, I know him a lot. I did messy things in the park when he was around." 

Snufkin then told Joxter about the story of him last time seeing the Park Keeper. Joxter was very much enjoying his story. 

"You used Hattifattener seeds to electrocute the Park Keeper and save those woodies? So risky, hah!" laughed Joxter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Snufkin told the plan to Joxter, and they both knew what to do. They both waited until the Park Keeper would leave, in middle of the night. Then, Snufkin got a rope and threw it to the gate bars. They both climbed up, and then started to get rid of the signs. One by one, the signs were put all out. Then they took a net, tied it up to a tree, and waited for the Park Keeper to be suprised and dramatic when he saw the signs all pulled out. "I must say" Joxter whispered. "You planned this very well."

But unfortunately, sometimes all plans don't work well. 

The Park Keeper saw them pulling the net full of signs up on the tree.

"Hey! What do you think you two are doing?" The Park Keeper shouted. 

They ran out while the Park Keeper were following them. Suddently, Snufkin tripped and hurt his ankle. The pain stung so much that he passed out. Joxter had to protect him, or he would lose his son.

"You! Stay away from my son!" hissed Joxter.

"I will stay away once you put all of my signs back in place!" The Park Keeper exclaimed. 

Joxter was becoming very much like a wild cat. He ran into the Park Keeper and bit him. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the Park Keeper was aching, Joxter rushed to grab Snufkin and run off back to the campsite. Things didn't go very well back there.