Chapter 4

Snufkin and Joxter talked in the campsite. They asked questions, told answers, and told stories. 

"So, what did you want to talk about? I'm all ears." Said the Joxter.

"Well, how did you manage to track me? You abandoned me when I was young, and never saw me again." Said Snufkin.

"I didn't abandon you, I just... Gave you an early head start on taking care of yourself. Yeah." Said the Joxter anxiously. 

Snufkin frowned. "You don't have to lie, I'm already upset with you." 

Joxter sighed. "You got me. I'll tell you why I abandoned you. Listen carefully. When you were young, I loved you very much. You were the happiest and playful son I ever had. Back then, I was being hunted because I was demolishing signs and stealing. They wanted me dead, and I got worried that they might kill you too. I thought it was better off leaving you behind to save your life. "

Snufkin heard each and every word he said. "I see. And how did you track me down?" 

"Oh, erm..." 

"Yes?"

"I follow you on your journeys." Joxter said quickly. 

"You what?!" 

"Yes yes, you need to be alone most of the time, but I can't stand being homesick about you. I couldn't resist." 

Snufkin sighed. 

"Okay, I got a question for you." Said Joxter. 

"Go on." Said Snufkin. 

"Do you have...Friends?"

"Of course I do! I don't like to be lonely all the time."

"Just joking on you, hehe, I had friends when I was like you." 

"And.. Do you still have them?" asked Snufkin.

"Sort of. Even if they aren't there, they are still in my heart. Anyways, I have a real question for you, this time."

"Yes?" 

"D..Do you call me your father?"