SIX

{ picture perfect }

{ chapter six }

daniel took hold of corbyn's hand, dragging the smaller brunette away from the cozy coffee shop. corbyn followed, his interest peaked as his feet stumbled to keep up with the blonde.

"i know you're a master photographer and all, but i know the perfect place." daniel said vaguely, beginning to pick up the pace until they were running.

corbyn didn't bother to interrupt the blonde, following silently as he gently held his camera in his free hand to avoid it's constant bumping into his chest while he ran.

to corbyn, it felt like the boys could have been running for hours. buildings passed by in a blur and his legs began to ache, the boy's pace not letting up as they continued towards daniel's 'perfect place'. every time corbyn slowed down, desperate for a break, daniel would encourage the boy on, reassuring him they were 'almost there' and 'there's not much left to go.'

after what seemed like forever, daniel finally stopped in front of a building, standing in front of the high rise structure as it towered over the boys. business buzzed around the place, people walking in and out of the doors, others leaning on the building as they chatted with a friend or enjoyed the nice day.

the blonde smiled, the long run seemingly not effecting him too much as his chest barely heaved.

behind him, however, corbyn was struggling to catch his breath. the brunette was hunched over, leaning on his knees as he panted heavily. daniel turned around, a fond smile lighting up his face as he placed his palm on corbyn's chest, gently guiding his body upward and helping him place his hands on his head.

"hunching over only closes up your lungs," daniel explained softly, his hand still on corbyn's chest as he guided another to his back, "hands over your head and take some deep breaths, okay?"

corbyn nodded breathlessly, following daniel's guidance. the brunette eventually caught his breath, flashing a shy smile at the blonde, a blush coating his cheeks.

"s-sorry." he mumbled.

"it's no problem. you okay now?" daniel asked, rubbing small circles into the brunette's back

"yeah, w-we can go."

daniel flashed the boy a reassuring smile, taking his hand again and leading him inside.

"okay, this is my friend's studio. i'm not entirely sure if i'm allowed in here without him, but they have some really photogenic places around here." daniel explained.

"what if they don't let you in?" corbyn asked quietly, head tilting towards daniel in question.

"they'll let me in, they have to."

...

they did not let daniel in.

corbyn listened with a bright smile as daniel rambled on about how unfair the security guards were, promising to never let the two 'meanies' listen to his music when he became big and famous.

the brunette giggled, stepping in front of daniel and placing his hands on his shoulders.

"dani, i'm a photographer remember? art comes in many forms, you don't need to be in front of a super cool painting or whatever to get a good picture."

daniel look at the boy, his anger melting away at the soft look on corbyn's face, "i guess."

corbyn pouted, furrowing his eyebrows together as he looked up at daniel's impassive expression, "don't sound too excited."

daniel chuckled, adjusting the hood of his jacket on corbyn's body, leaving his hands on the collar, "i'm putting the life of my modeling career in your hands."

corbyn nodded seriously, "good. c'mon let's go."

the two began walking around, corbyn shooting a glare at daniel when he suggested they run around again.

"can we go up the escalators?" the brunette suggested.

"elevators are better." daniel hummed.

corbyn shot the boy a look, "you're weird."

daniel rolled his eyes, pointing towards an elevator nearing the end of the hallway

corbyn shrugged, following the blonde to the metal incased doors.

daniel slid down to the floor once settled inside the elevator, corbyn sending him a confused glance.

"what? we've been walking around all day." he pouted, "my legs are tired."

the blonde blinked at him, deciding against replying as he brought his camera up to his face, capturing a picture of the blonde as the boy was leaned up against the doors, his eyes peaking up at the shorter male.

"i wasn't ready!" daniel protested "do it again."

"nope. i'm going to be taking most of these when you aren't ready anyways."

"i wasn't even looking at the camera!"

corbyn looked down at his camera, scrolling through his gallery for a second before looking back up, "yes you were. we have more pictures to take, dani."

corbyn strolled out of the elevator, daniel following him with a sigh.

"speaking of dani, all my friends call me that."

"o-oh, if you want i can stop, i just–you just called me c and i thought-"

"corbyn, corbyn," daniel cut the boy off, a soft laugh following. "i don't have a problem i just wanted us to have special nicknames."

"oh." corbyn flushed red, daniel laughing lighting at the blush coating his cheeks, "what were you thinking of then?"

"uh, i don't know actually. maybe something like...orbeez?"

"where did you get orbeez from?"

"corbyn, corbees, orbeez." daniel shrugged.

the brunette shook his head, sighing gently before walking off.

"c-corbyn! c'mon it's cool!"

wc. 930

is this a cute ending or am i?

LMAO im sorry i didnt update last week, the amount of pROJECTS i had- pls lemme pass away.

bUT I HAVE done some pre-written chapters FINALLY (only like 3 but-) BUT its fine its fine

e- please don't make me laugh too hard now

🦋