f i f t e e n

c h a p t e r 15

"I hope your Calculus exam went well." I hugged the paper bag, closer to me.

He whipped his head towards me with a mocking smile. "Aw. You care about me!" He cooed, nudging me with his shoulder since he was carrying the half of my groceries.

After getting everything that I needed, Bang Chan, Jisung, Felix, and Jeongin insisted on helping me bring the groceries all the way home yet somehow Hyunjin miraculously made them change their minds. I didn't really mind them coming over but Hyunjin dragged them to the side and after muttering something to them, they were out the grocery in an instant.

I asked Hyunjin what he told them- in the hopes of using it in the future, but to no avail. I also asked why he didn't leave with them to which he replied that he had to talk to Minho. Given that we were heading the same way, I made him carry half the bags.

I sneered. "No. I just wanted to prove to myself that I'm an effective tutor." I raised my chin.

"Nerd."

"Hey, math's fun!"

"Exactly what a nerd would say." He rolled his eyes at me. "Why do you like math, anyway?" His face scrunched up in disgust.

I shrugged, giving it some thought. "Probably because it's the same in every country." I hummed, already seeing the convenience store that Minho worked at.

"So is cancer but you don't see me loving it." He scoffed.

"Quit making excuses to hate math." I huffed, losing the argument. "Anyway, hand me those, Minho works here." I gestured to the store we were standing in front of. I laid out my left arm for him to give the other bags.

"You want a hug?" He smirked, stepping a little too close.

I immediately felt my cheeks heat up as I stepped back. "You want another bruising jaw?" I asked back with gritted my teeth.

He laughed, brushing his hair up in the process. I hate his long, beautiful, blonde hair. I hate the fact that he was able to do that even with his arms full of paper bags. "I just texted him. He said someone else took his shift." He walked ahead.

I quickly tailed behind him, shooting the store a look. "When did you text him?"

"Just now."

"H-how?" I asked, baffled. He had his hands full and I never saw him take his phone out.

He simply smirked. "Stop asking. Let's just bring these to your house." He gestured to the bags as we continued to the direction of my house.

I walked alongside him in silence.

It was nearing spring. As I walked beside him in the cold weather, carrying my groceries, I was a little flustered. A little surreal for my part. We had only known each other for almost one week and I've done things -PG things, if I might add- with him that I should've been doing ages ago. In a span of one week, my pitiful list of things to do before graduating had been half filled.

"What're you thinking about?"

I look up at him and quickly averted my gaze after meeting his eyes. It was difficult to hold a conversation with him when you had to look at his ridiculously handsome face.