Learning About The Past... Again

I

Learning About The Past... Again

~Luca~

Work was always hell. Regardless of whatever I did, my Boss always seemed to hate my guts and would force me to continue working until he decided otherwise.

If I didn't have this job, then I would have to use the funds I made from my other jobs to find a place to live. In a sense, I wouldn't be able to continue going to College and would be forced to use those funds to buy a house instead of rent one.

The job wasn't even paying me that much for what I wasforced to do, but it was enough to pay my rent every month... as longas my Boss didn't skip my check.

Now, for a bit of context to those who don't know me: my name is Luca Evans Walker and I'm a 19 year old boy attending oneof the most prestigious Universities in my Country. Notice how I didn't say "man"? That's because I still consider myself a child.

At least internally.

For the past few years, I've been going to this University and paying for everything out of my own pocket since I hadno one who would pay for it. That and I didn't receive a scholarship to decrease some of these funds I was required to spend during myattendance.

I wasn't born into a family who was wealthy as my single mother had raised five children on her own after my father haddied in the Third Great War where it seemed the world was forced intoa conflict that would forever separate our countries from oneanother.

From what I remember, and what I was told, my father was a Scout in the Hundred and First Infantry. When they brought his Dog Tags back home, my mother cried herself to sleep every night for several years.

Then, one day, she seemed fine.

I was 12 years old when my father died, leaving his five children and a widowed wife alone with very little in means of supporting themselves.

Ever since then, I've struggled with going to school and trying to support myself now that I was out of the house while still finding a way to support my mother and younger siblings.

Growing up, I remember being able to come up with solutions to problems that no one else could. I also remember being told by my father that my brain was my Super Power since I could alsosee and hear things that no one else could.

Of course, when I tried to tell this to the kids I'd meet at school, they'd call me crazy, but I did meet a girl who'd become my best friend.

~MEMERY~

~6YEARS OLD~

It all began when I was 6, like most things in my life.

Ironically, this was also my birthday. Not just because I was now six years old, but because this was the first of many days that I would wake up not remembering who I was.

I had no recollection of who I was, where I was, or even who my family was.

My mother, being the sweet and naïve woman she is, didn't notice when I walked out of my room that I didn't immediately say "Hello, Mom." or even "Morning Mom!".