I gave her a nod and walked over to my duffel bag which was by the tree, I crouched down beside it and unzipped it. As I unzipped it the bag I heard Luz mutter, "I probably should've worn something else, I have a feeling this is gonna go into the afternoon."

I looked down at what I was wearing, I had on a white tank top with my grudgby varsity jacket on top of that, and I was wearing black jeans that were cuffed at the bottom. To tie it all together, I was wearing my usual black combat boots.

This is what I usually wore when I went out to train, of course I would take the jacket off. Luz was right when she said this is going to go into the afternoon, that's usually the best time to practice. I would always go out to the marketplace and get something to eat afterwards.

It took me a moment to realize she meant it was going to get hot, when you're training in hot temperatures you usually sweat. My eyes widened and I felt my cheeks start to heat up, "Hot..." I muttered under my breath.

"What was that Amity?"

"Ah hot! Is it just me or is it getting hot? Heheh.."

I mentally kicked myself for saying that out loud, I quickly pulled out the equipment I had packed in the duffel bag and started setting them up around the small clearing Luz and I were in. I took off my varsity jacket and tied it around my waist.

I placed my hands on my hips and looked over at Luz, "You ready to start?" I asked her, she nodded excitedly. I walked over to a punching bag that I had tied around a sturdy tree branch, Luz followed and she looked around at the different equipment.

"First things first, your punches. If you actually want to start gaining respect and want people to take you seriously, you're gonna need to give them a good punch. So show me what you got." I instructed her.

She gave me a quick nod and pulled back her fist, giving the punching bag a hard hit. She looked up at me and I gave a little nod, "That was a good hit, not sure if it would do a lot of damage to your opponent though."

"Try thinking of something that makes you mad and use that to your advantage, emotions can sometimes increase the force of your punch." I told her and she nodded in response.

Luz took a deep breath and I could see that she was starting to think, I started to think "Could Luz even be mad at anything? She's like, the happiest person I know."

Before I could say anything else that might help her, she gave the punching bag a hard and swift punch, which sent it back. She immediately smiled widely and looked at me brightly, I smiled back but flinched when the punching bag swung back and knock into Luz.

She stumbled backwards with a 'oof!' and landed on her rear end, she shook up her head and nervously laughed while looking up at me. I gave her an awkward smile and held my hand out for her to grab and lift herself up with.

She returned the awkward smile and took my hand, lifting herself off the ground and dusting herself off. "That was a good punch, definitely better than the last." I complimented and I saw her eyes light up which caused a small blush to form onto my cheeks.

However the curiosity started to gnaw at my head, "I wonder what made her mad enough to put that much force into her punch, she's usually a bright person and rarely ever gets mad." I mentally shrugged, "I guess I shouldn't pry."

I told Luz to continue to throw punches at the punching bag, to see how much stamina she would have. After a little while of that, we took a small break and made a small conversation about how everyone's been doing.

I told her about what Boscha told me the other day about the ring and Willow and I could clearly see she was excited, her and I even teased Boscha about how much she had stuttered when telling me.