𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒂𝒓𝒚

March 12th

Excited for dinner later, Hikari had been singing the entire time at work and it was starting to make her current coworker, Mizuki Hisahito, curious.

"Why do you keep singing like that, Hikari? It's starting to get weird," he bluntly says, shooting an arrow through her head.

"The real question is, why are you even here, Mizuki-kun? You're a professional soccer player and here you are working at your sister's flower shop?" Hikari spits back.

"It's because I got injured again," he emotionlessly explains, however, he's deeply sad inside.

Hikari gives him a disappointed face before returning to doing what she was doing before she was interrupted.

"Well, you should stop getting yourself injured if you want to play so badly, baka," Hikari says and sees Mizuki's feet twitching to touch a soccer ball.

"I know, I am a baka," he agrees. "So, why are you so happy again?"

Hikari blushes but smiles as she looks down at her ring.

"My husband and I are going to celebrate our first year of marriage later and I'm excited!"

"Why? Is he going to do something for you?"

Hikari happily shakes her head. It didn't bother her too much if he didn't do anything for her, as long as Akaashi was there with her, she was happy.

"I'm just going to cook us some dinner!"

"Heeh, having a wife sounds nice. She cooks yummy meals and cheers you on at tournaments, but soccer is more important! If I could, I'd marry soccer." Mizuki nods at his own statements as Hikari sweat drops at her boss' younger brother.

"Are all men like this?" Hikari rhetorically asks herself before going back to work.
-

On her way home, Hikari passes a familiar shrine and stops.

'Maybe I should go pray; I have time,' she thinks and parks.

Heading up the stairs, she finally reaches the top and walks towards the shrine where she bows her head.

'I pray for tonight to go well and for it to be blessed.'

Once she's done, she looks one more time at the shrine before happily heading back.

-

"Finally, finished!" Hikari wipes the sweat off her forehead as she stares at the feast she's made. It was currently 6:45pm and Akaashi would be coming home at 7:30pm. "Time to go get changed!" she excitedly says to herself and skips into their room.

Somehow, Akaashi and Hikari's parents convinced the two to share a room and bed. It was super awkward and nerve-racking at first and every night, Hikari would blush like crazy. She still does from time to time; however, they both got used to it after living with each other for almost a year.

Putting on a dress and doing light makeup, Hikari looks at herself in the mirror in satisfaction.

"I hope he likes this! I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard though!" she talks to herself and realizes that it's already 7:20pm. "I should go wait in the dining room!"

Excitedly yet shyly, Hikari waits for her husband's arrival. Earlier, she had called Yuki about the exciting news. Yuki was indeed shocked, but she was especially happy for her best friend.

"I'm so happy for you, Ari," she said which almost brought tears to Hikari's eyes.
This was technically Hikari's first time asking Akaashi on a 'date.'