𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

"Okaasan? Ottosan?" the small girl cries and vigorously turns her head to search for her parents.

Her cheeks are stained with water marks as they only continue to grow with her tears not stopping any time soon. It was December and winter that year just had to be the absolute worst.

"Is anyone there?!"

Realizing that there was absolutely no one present, the six year old girl cries loudly as if she were calling for help.

Not too far away, a golden ear perks at the sound of a loud cry. Curious, he follows the sound of cries and from behind the bushes, he peeks his head to see a little girl crying in front of the shrine.

'Why is she crying?' As he takes a step closer, he steps on a branch that breaks. 'Oh shoot!'

The tiny and hopeless girl instantly turns her head towards the noise and sees a golden fox on the other side of the shrine. Without thinking, she runs towards the fox while crying loudly. The only thing she thought of when she saw the fox was that she did not want to be alone; she wanted to be besides someone.

'What is she doing?!' he screams in his head and is about to run away.

However, the little girl is too quick for him and once she crosses the shrine, she launches herself onto the fox and tightly embraces his body.

"Are you my savior?" she cries and digs her face into his soft, golden fur. "Please! I don't want to be alone. I want my Ottosan and Okaasan!"

The fox sweat drops and doesn't know how to respond. Without much thought, he just sits there as the little girl continues to stick with the larger fox. His fur kept her warm under the snowy night and she felt as if he was the sun who allowed his rays to touch her. Quickly, her tears stop and she slowly starts to fall asleep against the golden fox.

'What am I doing?' he asks himself as he stares at the little girl. 'I should get her parents to come back for her.' Closing his eyes, he leans towards her face and touches her forehead with his nose. 'Please, Kami-sama, bring this girl's parents back here to bring her home,' he prays.

After twenty minutes of resting against each other and the fox admiring the little girl, he hears voices. Quickly, he carries the girl over his body and places her small figure on the other side of the shrine.

"Hikari?!!"

"Hikari, where are you??" the voices yell.

Oddly, when the fox separates from the girl, he starts to feel shivers--which he has never felt. With his abilities, he was blessed with the power of the sun and he never felt cold in the winter. However, realizing that the voices were coming closer, he runs back into the forest to stay hidden.

"Hikari? Is that you?!" a womanly voice asks and runs towards the shrine. She and her husband instantly lift their daughter's body.

"Hikari, are you okay?"

Slowly, Hikari opens her eyes to see her parents.

"It's so cold tonight! How is she so warm?" her dad asks as he touches his daughter's cheek.

"Ottosan... Okaasan," Hikari cries and hugs her parents. "Don't leave me again!!"

"I know, I'm so sorry, Hikari! Ottosan and Okaasan won't ever leave you alone again!" Hikari's mom exclaims and hugs her daughter.

As he watches them leave, the fox shivers some more and feels as if a part of his soul has left him along with the girl.

A/N:

Hello! ☺️

Welcome to my new book about Miya Atsumu, Akaashi Keiji, and my OC: Akaashi Hikari originally, Ai Hikari. In this book, Atsumu is a fox but not technically a kistune. I did my research on kistunes and my story doesn't necessarily follow what kistunes are; so, I kind of just made up the rules of Atsumu being a fox, aha. Also, I guess you can say that this story might have manga spoilers, so WATCH OUT!

Lastly, please refrain from using Sangwoo or rat comments about Atsumu. I know it's mostly for fun but I personally don't see him as any of those and believe he is just a precious being who doesn't deserve those insults. 🥺💗

So, thank you for giving this story a shot, if you will, and stay safe during these hard times! Hope you enjoy!🥰💗

Date: 6 October 2020