𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆

"He came home late again?" Yuki asks in disbelief and angrily rolls her eyes. "What is his problem? He is literally awarded the worst husband!" she yells as Hikari tries to calm her best friend down.

"Calm down, Yuki-chan! You're disrupting the other customers," Hikari softly says and bows towards the others who are staring. "He's just busy, okay? He's not the worst husband."

"Of course you'd say that. You've been defending him since you both got married, you simp!" she straightforwardly insults, instantly making Hikari look down in embarrassment.

Seeing how she had probably gone too far, Yuki sighs. "Look, I'm sorry I'm being harsh but it's because you're my best friend. I don't want to see you so hurt by him anymore. He spends all day supposedly working and just eats the meals you cook. What if he isn't working at all? If this is how he is going to live his life, he didn't need to marry you! He could've had this lifestyle without you."

Hikari plays with her hair and doesn't say anything. Everything Yuki was saying was true but deep in her heart, she didn't want to regret marrying Akaashi. She had loved him all throughout high school and it was a dream come true to her. However, a flaw that she did not realize Akaashi had was that he was a complete workaholic. He never cared about relationships back in high school and it seemed like it had carried on into his adult life. The only reason why Hikari and Akaashi ended up marrying was because their parents--who were good friends--didn't want their children to be lonely forever. Akaashi, being the obedient son he is, didn't have much objection and although Hikari had been in love with the pretty man since high school, she couldn't even entirely accept the marriage. She wanted to receive Akaashi's love with her own abilities, not because of their parent's powers.

A sudden ring comes from Yuki's phone and she checks to see a text from her boyfriend, Kuroo.

"I'm sorry, Ari, but Tetsu is asking for something," she apologizes as Hikari gives a reassuring smile.

"It's no worries, Yuki-chan. I'll be fine," Hikari explains as Yuki gives a hesitant nod.

"Okay, but I don't care what you say! If the man does not celebrate your guys' first anniversary of marriage with you, husband or not, DROP HIM! I don't care if he's Bokuto's best friend!" She angrily crosses her arms.

Hikari giggles and stands with her best friend.

"No worries, Yuki-chan. I'm pretty sure if I ask, he'll do so," Hikari tries to convince. However, she wasn't sure who she was trying to convince--herself or Yuki.

"If you say so. I love ya, okay? See you tomorrow for lunch!" Yuki and Hikari hug.

"I love you too; thank you for being here for me, Yuki-chan."

"Of course!! What kind of best friend would I be?!"

Hikari laughs at her friend and waves. "See you tomorrow."

Once Hikari arrives home, she's welcomed with loneliness. Looking at the time presented on the microwave, it reads 3:30pm.

"I have some time before cooking dinner; I guess I'll do some gardening work outside," she decides and changes into outdoor wear.

The house Akaashi and Hikari shared represented more of a traditional Japanese home with some modern structures here and there. Rather than living in Tokyo, where they both originally lived, they had to move to the Hyogo Prefecture for Akaashi's job. Choosing their house together was so awkward when they were searching. Mrs. Akaashi and Mrs. Ai, Hikari's mother, were supposed to accompany the newlyweds on their house hunt; however, the two women ditched their children. Even though the two had known each other since their first year in high school and Hikari even participated as a manager for their volleyball team, they weren't close at all. Akaashi was stuck by Bokuto's side at all times and Hikari was hardly given alone time with him. Especially with her shyness, it made it even more difficult. Without Yuki and Kuroo's encouragement, Hikari would've never volunteered to be Fukurodani's volleyball manager.