Chapter 5: So, It's You

[Small Author's note]
From now on, to rid of any confusion, sentences spoken in Italian will be in "italics". This is a thing now since Asahi doesn't understand Italian. Exact thoughts will no longer be portrayed in italics, but like 'this'.

"Italics" - Italian
'Thoughts' - Thoughts

Nishinoya had made it to Japan a day before his shoot would take place. He had traveled with his agent since it would be easier than trying to find each other at the airport, and the joke went around about how Noya would be mistreated as a lost child.

"Just because you're a full foot taller than me doesn't mean I'm a child, idiot." Nishinoya grumbled at him.

"Oh now, don't get too childish about the subject." He smirked and glanced down at Nishinoya. The height difference was no problem for him. He just enjoyed teasing the people he was close to.

Now Nishinoya's agent was on another level of a human being. Valerio was 100% Italian, and even if him and Noya didn't look at all alike, There was definitely some sort of adopted child/dad vibe that was going on. There was a five year difference between them, so there wasn't much of an age gap even though it definitely looked like there was.

Valerio had vibrant blue eyes, dark brown hair that was just long enough to pull behind his ears, and a jawline that could cut just about anything. ((I need to stop.)) He occasionally wore glasses, usually for things further away. He was 6'4", and was very in shape. He used to be into Modelling himself, however he very much disliked being ordered around himself about what to do and switched his interests.

They had shared a hotel suite for the time being since they weren't near Nishinoya's hometown, and it didn't bother either of them much. They both had their own rooms (Nishinoya taking the smaller one after several jokes) and rather enjoyed being able to hang out with each other since their only interactions have been through work and business. Of course they did talk about the upcoming photoshoot, which lead from one thing to the other, and....

"Your tailor's details are in this profile here." Valerio passed him a file he took from his bag across the dining table where they discussed things involving their career and occasionally personal lives. "He is using this outfit and photoshoot as his final grade for a college class. From what he has in his records, I presume that he had gone to the same highschool as you did? Ehm.. Karasuno'a high school."

Nishinoya took more than a second to process that. "No.. No way." He quickly flipped open the front flap, gasping and standing from his chair almost immediately. "ASAHI??" He ran a hand through his recently washed and still damp hair, a smile growing. And it kept growing wider. "You have no idea how close we are!! Or- were. Really, It's-"

"Italian, please." Valerio interrupted.

"A-ahh, right- Him and I? We were super close! We were on a- umm.." He'd forgotten how to pronounce volleyball in Italian. These kinds of things always embarrassed him, since even after a few years of hardcore learning Italian he still would forget what a simple word was. "The game where a ball goes over a net..? Volleyball.."

"Volleyball."

"Right!! We were on a volleyball team together." Nishinoya announced happily.

"Have you two kept in touch then?" He hoped that this might be a much smoother tailoring session if you were able to focus on a conversation instead of silently pouting that you couldn't move for a certain amount of time.

"No...We haven't. But I was planning to meet up with him during my vacation time, So this is perfect!" Nishinoya was just so excited that he'd finally see him after so long. Did Asahi know himself? Was that why he wasn't responding to his messages?? 'Dang Asahi, still full of anxiety I see.'