Chapter 4: And so Our Eyes Meet

The deadline was closing in and Asahi seemed to be recovering from the recent sleepless nights, cutting and sewing the clothing together according to the measurements. Asahi was a bit confused with the sizes that he received..

"This is kind of small... I hope they sent the measurements in right." He had muttered to himself from time to time.

He had finished the outfit just on time. Soon, he'd be pretty much done with his classes! He'd already gotten people emailing him, asking if he'd like to work for their shops. He honestly just wanted a few months to take a good break, and maybe meet up with a few people. He hadn't done that in a good while.

Asahi woke up the next morning after a rare good night of sleep. Checking the clock, he sat up and pushed his hair behind his ears to sit and think for a few minutes. He was going to meet the model today and tailor the outfit to him that was currently on the mannequin hidden in his closet (for some reason Asahi was uncomfortable with the fact that he might mistake the mannequin for a person and wake someone up with his ungodly screams). He'd also only gotten the initials of the model, which was odd yet he didn't mind. Y.N. Odd. ((author-san screams))

He had scheduled a time to renew his phone before the meeting to see if they could save anything from the sd card he took out with terribly shaky hands. Being without a phone for several days definitely was a struggle but he managed with his laptop and one too many emails.

Stretching and getting out of bed, Asahi had the time to get in a good shower and tame the hellish mess of hair that had been progressively getting worse throughout the week. He straightened it the best that he could and pulled it into a low bun. His hair wasn't nearly this bad back then, but it slowly ended up like this. along with plenty more facial hair, which Asahi was afraid of shaving off in case he cut himself. He did manage to keep it trimmed to mostly a stubble.

Asahi looked around for his glasses (a problem when your eyesight is bad), eventually finding them. He was farsighted, for the most part. Seeing things up close was his problem. He'd hold things far from his face like an old man, which wasn't exactly what he was going for if you could tell. Sliding them onto the bridge of his nose, he gathered the few scattered papers on his desk and placed them in a nearby folder. Opening up his laptop, he anxiously looked through his emails for anything important. Nothing yet besides a few from his professors talking about their class for the day. He'd get to skip them however, since the fitting was far more important.

"Why not.." He usually ignored his personal email until he had time, and since he had that for the first time in a while, he opened it up. Then a pause, rereading the sender.

"Daichi-san?" God, he hadn't said that name in a while. "I wonder what he wants..." He opened the email.

Hey, Asahi!
It's sure been a while. Let's meet up sometime! Suga's gonna be back in Japan from his overseas intern in a month! Can you believe that? Anyway, I recently got a text from Nishi-

Asahi paused. A whole bunch of things just suddenly punched him in the face. It was as if he were currently in a different life and some other lifetime had just re-entered his mind. Had he been this focused on college?

noya-

Nishinoya. The name sounded so familiar, and at the same time he didn't recognize it at all. He'd gone to Italy, right? He's probably got a better life now with me out of the way. He wasn't even sure what he was doing for a living, but that wasn't any of his business. Anyway, what was he doing? Reading, that's right.

and he said that you weren't answering his messages?

What?

He seemed to make a big deal about it and you don't seem like the person to do that. I hope you haven't changed from the glass hearted baby that I know, lol. Then again I don't know what you've been up to for a year or so, and Nishinoya doesn't either apparently. I thought you two were close? He wants to tell you something important, so talk to him. You haven't been answering my messages either, you know. I hope you aren't dead. Suga would kill you. Respond to me if you haven't changed from who I know, please. It would be great to know that you aren't some sketchy drug dealer out on the streets. Everyone misses you.