Don't Ever Change

Start from the beginning

"You don't make sense, Cas" Dean commented.

Yet another Flashback

Dean was sitting in a hospital bed, out cold, Cas and Sam were outside his room talking.

"Goddammit Cas..At least he'll be okay.." Sam sighed, looking into Dean's room.

"...I shouldn't have let him go. This is my fault." Cas commented, looking down.

"Yeah, it is. But he's going to be okay." Sam put a hand on Cas's shoulder. "I'm gonna call Bobby, stay here" Sam said as he began to walk away.

Cas slowly went inside Dean's room, sitting in the chair next to his bed. Cas couldn't look at him, he felt guilty for putting Dean in danger. The one person he loved more than ever was almost killed, and it was his fault.

After a few minutes of staring at the floor and punishing himself in his mind, he looked up towards Dean. Dean was still out cold, Cas went to look back down until Dean's hand caught his eye. He took a second before reaching over to hold his hand. Cas wished he could do this before, not have Dean in a hospital so he could old his hand while he was unconscious. He just wanted to hold his hand and show he was there for Dean.

"Cas..?" Dean said as he looked over to the angel holding his hand.

"Hello, Dean." Cas replied, his ears being pink from embarrassment.

"So I'm guessing this isn't heaven?" Dean asked jokingly.

"No, it is not. You're alive" Cas replied not understand Dean's rhetorical question. Dean began to sit up a bit, even if he was in pain he'd like to have a conversation with Cas.

"The doctors said you're going to be okay. That was very lucky" Cas commented.

"I'm gonna ask again, why do you choose to be the angel on my shoulder? You could be a beach babe or a movie star" Dean asked for the third time.

"I've said many times, I have orders." Cas replied.

"Yeah but why not just rebel? You could be a trickster or something like Gabriel" Dean said. Cas just looked down at their hands.

"I don't want to rebel. I'd rather be here." Cas answered.

The Present

Dean rushed into the motel room, he had Cas in his arms, bridal style. Sam was right behind the two, closing and locking the door behind them. Dean quickly laid Cas on one of the bed while Sam looked for a first aid kit.

Dean was standing next to the bed, he was really worried about his.. friend. As he looked towards Cas he realized he didn't see him as a friend. Dean was more worried about Cas than he has been for any of his friends that got 'in the way' of their job. He wished he was in Cas's place, Cas didn't deserve this pain.

"Hold on, Cas. You'll be okay." Dean said, he had a bit of panic in his voice. "You can't leave me yet, alright? Sam! Hurry up and find the first aid kit!" 

"Dean.." Cas weakly tried to respond to Dean's concern.

"Cas.. you'll be okay, I promise." Dean took Cas's hand and held it tightly. "Cas...I love you.."

"Dean.. I'll be fine.. I'm healing as we speak." Dean and Cas were both blushing bright pink.

"But i love you too..." Cas smiled as Dean sat on the side of the bed, he chuckled.

"I understand why you stayed now." Dean said.

"Why did I stay?" Cas asked.

"Because you wanted to stay with me"

The End

I'm so sorry this took me so long to make! School has been so crazy and I've been going places (safely with a mask and staying 6 feet apart from people) with friends. I'll try and write more one shots soon! Have a great day

-✨Nova✨