002.

"IT'S your job to be early. i mean, this your baby we're talking about. i guarantee you if maddy asked to fuck you'd be there in a second, huh?"

"alyah, i don't wanna argue with you. this is one of the very few times i've been late to an event while you've been late to almost all of our dates."

"it's different! what we had.. it wasn't anything serious. the only reason you still have my number is cause i'm carrying your baby."

"anything serious? i wanted to have a baby with you! i truly loved you."

"that was back then, before you left me for maddy. before any of my problems occurred."

"i didn't leave you for maddy, by the way. i broke up with you because what maddy and i have is different. she loves me."

"oh and i didn't? vinnie i still love you. you said you loved me which clearly indicates that you don't love me anymore and hey, it's not my job to change your mind."

vinnie groaned before knocking on the doctor's door. alyah stood behind him and a tear slowly ran down from her left eye. "hello, ms. freeman." the doctor greeted her. alyah quickly wiped her tear and walked over to her and shook her hand.

"hi, i'm here for my ultrasound." vinnie noticed she didn't say 'we' which really bothered him. "okay, come right in. will your boyfriend be joining us?"

boyfriend. she never thought she'd hear that again. she'd been single for almost four months, and yet, she hasn't gotten over vinnie. i mean, how could you? vinnie is almost everybody's dream man. she could see why maddy liked him. although, alyah and her friends constantly joked about how vinnie and maddy looked like siblings.

"yeah, vinnie will join us." she answered. they walked in and sat down on the comfortable chairs placed beside the coffee table with jolly ranchers placed on top of it. vinnie took one and put it in his pocket. "why didn't you say we?"

"what?" alyah asked. she didn't know what the fuck he was talking about which made vinnie just as confused as her.

     he thought she said that to get him mad, which she didn't. "when you said you're here for the ultrasound, you said 'i'm here' instead of 'we'."

"vinnie, are you being serious? that's what's bothering you?" vinnie nodded. "you're being a child right now and honestly, i'm not here for it. now, you either drop it or you can keep nagging and get kicked out. which will you choose?"

"i'll drop it." he answered before he pulled out his phone and texted maddy some pictures of the office. alyah glanced over at his phone when he reached over for some jolly ranchers every two minutes.

"oh look, kelly oubre commented on my post." she said, waiting for vinnie to become jealous. "oh shit he did?" vinnie looked over at her phone but he only saw texts of alyah talking shit about maddy to aaron, falize, and mia.

"why do you have maddy's name in your mouth?" vinnie asked, getting defensive. "and why do you have her tit in your mouth?"

"okay stop. i get it, you hate her but why are you talking shit about her? like, what did she do?" alyah sighed. "you don't understand. and frankly, even if i explain you'll take her side no matter what. i just wish you had that energy when we were together."

"i did. you were the one who didn't. besides, no matter what happens, I'M NEVER GOING BACK TO YOU."

alyah scoffed, attempting to hide her pain, "and what makes you think i'll go back to you?"

"ms. freeman, it's time." alyah stood up and followed after the doctor with vinnie. "okay so you're gonna lie down and if you want you want he can hold your hand."

"i'm okay." alyah lied down on the bed and lifted up her shirt. "are you sure?" vinnie whispered into her ear. she nodded.

her doctor applied the gel onto her belly and their baby showed. "you guys want to find out the gender?" alyah looked over at vinnie, "yeah." he replied. "i wanna have a birthday reveal party." alyah looked up at him and he saw her green eyes glisten under the bright light that shined upon them. "you want another fire in california?"

"not like that! i just wanted like a normal one. with maybe cupcakes. but if you want to find out the gender right now then okay."

her voice became blue and vinnie felt bad. "how about i get the enevelope with the gender and i'll give it to aaron?"

"so yes on the gender reveal party?" she asked, and he nodded in approval. alyah smiled at her and the doctor smiled at them. "okay, i'll have the envelope ready in a minute."

the doctor walked over to her computer and began doing some scans while alyah looked around the hospital room. she couldn't believe she was actually pregnant.

     that one day she was gonna push a human being out of her coochie. "hey so um, can we hang out later? to talk about the gender reveal party? like can you meet me at the skating rink at 7?"

"okay." alyah replied. she sounded calm and gentle which seemed very rare because most of the time she was usually crying or venting to her friends. except there was a different side of alyah that vinnie didn't know about. the fun, outgoing one.

while they dated, that side barely showed. apparently maddy was an outgoing girl and that's why vinnie began losing feelings for alyah and began developing new ones for maddy. if only he knew who alyah truly was.

she had three sides to her. the sad, upset one. the fun, outgoing one, and the psychotic, sociopath side to her. when alyah says she'll kill somebody, she actually considers it. at first she laughs about it and makes stupid jokes with her friends but late at night, she lies down on her bed brainstorming ideas. not everybody is perfect though.

cat's corner 🦋

i- um... for personal reasons, my funeral will be
held next week!