Saving Simon

I woke up to Alec shaking me, he said "look" I looked up and saw Clary and Jace come outside. I stood up and Alec helped me put his coat on as we joined them followed by Izzy, I made a mental note that Simon wasn't around. Alec said "What happened? What did you find out?" Jace sighed and said "Valentine is Clary's father." Alec flipped yanking Izzy and I behind him as he said "Wait a minute. You're telling me this girl shows up out of nowhere and she's Valentine's daughter? Did it occur to you that she might be a spy? This might be part of her plan?"

Jace got irritated and said "That's enough, Alec." Clary yelled "Do you think I planned for my mom to get kidnapped? Or... or for Dot to be taken? Or to have a giant sword dangle over my head and find out that my father is one of the most dangerous people in the world? Really? Where's Simon? Where's Simon?" Izzy looked down and said "I told him to stay in the van. I've searched everywhere." I said "He's gone?" Izzy said "I cant find him" Clary yelled "You were supposed to protect him! Simon!" Jace groaned and said "Ugh, these mundanes are killing me."

Clary continued to yell for Simon when we heard a voice say "Is that the mundane's name?" We all turned to look on the bridge and saw a male and a female holding Simon upside down The man said "I'm afraid Simon's coming with us." Clary and I said in unison "No! No, he's not a part of this." Jace put his hand on his blade and said "And it'll be my pleasure to kill you unless you return him." "Careful. We'd be violating the Accords." Alec warned, the man said "I'm afraid your sidekick's quite right. The Night Children have broken no laws. We're negotiating. The mundane, unharmed, in exchange for the Mortal Cup. And the clock is ticking. Tick-tock, people." Simon yelled "Clary! Tessa!" Clary continued to call for Simon.

We made It back to the institute and I was sitting on the table as Clary was pacing and said "I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than... than what you people call mundanes?" Izzy said "Because we protect humans." Clary scoffed and said "You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock." I sighed and said "Clary it isn't their fault" Clary turned on me and said "and what were you doing when he was kidnapped?" I looked down and mumbled "I fell asleep" 

She rolled her eyes and forced a condescending laugh saying "you fell asleep, how noble" Alec said "now hold on there is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense, which he doesn't seem to have." Izzy said "Alec, not now." Jace said "Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it." Clary groaned and said "But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, our mom lies to us our entire lives except, "Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone". What are we supposed to do now?"

Alec said "We have to report to the Clave." Jace rolled his eyes and said "Great." Alec said "They have to know we've learned about Valentine." Clary threw her hands up and said "What, that he's my father? Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do Simon?" Jace said "Clary, it's all connected. The vamps want the Cup." I said "Why? It makes new Shadowhunters." Alec looked at me and said "Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself." Izzy said "Plus, it controls demons." I said "so let me get this straight, Clary's dad is Valentine the same person who killed my dad in a war he created and now he is back, and he wants our mom, the cup, and my sister?" 

Jace said "we don't know that he for sure wants Clary but, if he knows she is his then yes. The vampires will propose a trade. Simon for the Cup." Clary said "So, vampires will trade Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade our mother for the Cup. Either way, we lose someone we love. What if I just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves?" That pissed Alec off and he said "So, this doesn't matter to you?" Clary got offended and said "Yes, of course, it matters! Listen... when you saved my life... I put my trust in you. Now, I need you to put your trust in me. We can't turn into what you are overnight." Izzy said "It's true. They were raised as mundanes." Alec snapped at Izzy saying "What are you, her spokesman now?" Clary said "Tess and I don't need a spokesman, we need a plan."